Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Just tried the Collective Arts Bourbon Aged Porter and I am not regretting spending $15 on it. Must be a good sign but probably a one (or two) off. Seriously, beer tastes AMAZING, even while standing right next to an Aventinus Eisboch at almost half the price for same bottle. There was some weird poster of "art" inside the bottle with ZERO explanation of how this was made, which was a bit of a let down. Just a big waste of paper, imo. But still tasted amazing so.....one more it will be.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Lukie wrote:Just tried the Collective Arts Bourbon Aged Porter - tasted amazing so.....one more it will be.
Thanks for that, I balked at the price but I plan to go back to get.
In Beerum Veritas

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

spinrsx wrote:alert!

Any more news on this? Like WHEN it'll be in stock? Looks great!
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

I didn't see this in any seasonal release list, but it's listed on the LCBO's site with no stock yet: Lickinghole One Lion Imperial Stout
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/lickin ... __Y2WeWwuQ
Scott T.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

Another listed, but with no stock yet, that I don't think was on any seasonal release list: Heir Apparant Mexican Spiced Imperial Stout
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/heir-a ... __WlGeWwuQ
Scott T.

portwood

Post by portwood »

Jonah Hex wrote:Another listed, but with no stock yet, that I don't think was on any seasonal release list: Heir Apparant Mexican Spiced Imperial Stout
that price can't be right, can it?
under 4 bucks for an 11.5% imperial stout?
:o
puts most of the local beer prices to shame....

BUT
given the discrepancy between the ABV on the can (11.7%) and the ABV in the LCBO listing (8.8%), this probably another #KGBO #fuckup
@markhamwhisky

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

I'm thinking these Lickinghole (just makes your mouth water, doesn't it?) beers are some sort of agency private order. Hope to get my hands on some.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

JaseWescott wrote:Tempest is exclusive in the pack

This was (is) one of the best deals at the LCBO imo. $11.95 for these makes them all $3 each, an awesome price for Tempest, which is excellent. Starke is great and Bomeshaker and Space Invader were fresh, and since I still like West Coast bitter IPAs, these were quite enjoyable... nice to revisit. I bought one 4 pack and returned for a flat. No regrets.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:This was (is) one of the best deals at the LCBO imo. $11.95 for these makes them all $3 each, an awesome price for Tempest, which is excellent. Starke is great and Bomeshaker and Space Invader were fresh, and since I still like West Coast bitter IPAs, these were quite enjoyable... nice to revisit. I bought one 4 pack and returned for a flat. No regrets.
Totally agree. I bought the pack as well and was pleasantly surprised by the freshness of the IPAs, and Starke in particular. I've never had it before but it's probably one of the best local pilsners I've tried, I really enjoyed it.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

"$11.95 for these makes them all $3 each..."
I have to agree. Why are so many little packs soaring over 16 dollars, you can't stock up. This one is great.
In Beerum Veritas

roland

Post by roland »

This one just hit the shelves today, and I'm drinking one right now. Yes, it really is $3.70 for 500ml/11.7%.
Taste is quite sweet with hardly a trace of the peppers. A decent but not an essential stout.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Lickenhole Im told is now on permanent list of suppliers for those 2 cans. Don't know what they had to do to get that off the bat
Reliable Beer Critic

bwatson

Post by bwatson »

anyone seen the founders cbs yet?

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

bwatson wrote:anyone seen the founders cbs yet?
There's a Founders tap takeover at The Jim tomorrow with CBS as the feature, so I assume soon?

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Picked up the Lickinghole cans. Can confirm the can says 11.7%.