Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2259
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby spinrsx » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:33 pm

Flying Dog Gonzo 355ml is coming in September
S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly
Posts: 815
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: Burlington, ON

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby S. St. Jeb » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:50 am

Coming to the LCBO this spring according to the Sawdust City newsletter.

Everyday Magic Hazy IPA
User avatar
JaseWescott
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:08 pm
Location: Hamilton

everybody got a SARS mask on?

Postby JaseWescott » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:25 pm

you know what Budweiser needs? less flavor and more mouthfeel :lol:

coming soon

Image
User avatar
JerCraigs
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2967
Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: everybody got a SARS mask on?

Postby JerCraigs » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:48 am

JaseWescott wrote:you know what Budweiser needs? less flavor and more mouthfeel :lol:


I mean... It might be an improvement?
User avatar
ry_kinney
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:27 pm
Location: Scarborough

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby ry_kinney » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:27 am

S. St. Jeb wrote:Coming to the LCBO this spring according to the Sawdust City newsletter.

Everyday Magic Hazy IPA


Good beer. Similar to Yummy! and Jutsu (which is also coming to the LCBO).

Also

2xIPA by Anderson Craft Ales
IPA - Imperial / Double / $3.50 (355 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Had this at Steamwhistle Beerfest, it was one of the more memorable tastings of the day. Does a great job of combining bitterness with juicy tropical flavors. Will be grabbing lots of this, not a bad price compared to similar 355ml cans.

Faces Double IPA With Mosaic And Citra by Wellington Brewery
IPA - Imperial / Double / $4.85 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Good reviews on this one. Is it the first LCBO IPA to highlight hop type in the title like brewery releases normally do?
User avatar
JaseWescott
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:08 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby JaseWescott » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:28 am

JerCraigs wrote:
JaseWescott wrote:you know what Budweiser needs? less flavor and more mouthfeel :lol:


I mean... It might be an improvement?


I wonder if there is a widget in the can? I know there is a way to do it without a widget but I don't know the science behind it. I don't think the Nitro Brown Cow Milk Stout by Calabogie had a widget in the can nor does Left Hand Milk Stout in the states. there is also another new Nitro beer at the LCBO by Mill St. called Chai Porter but it's in a 440ml can so it probably has a widget.

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... rter-15634
GtownRandy
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:17 am

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby GtownRandy » Fri May 22, 2020 10:16 am

Rodenbach Classic in 500mL cans. $3.10

Image
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1734
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby Craig » Fri May 22, 2020 11:20 am

Oh wow, that looks so strange to me. I like cans, it's just odd seeing one of those Belgians in one.
S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly
Posts: 815
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: Burlington, ON

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby S. St. Jeb » Fri May 22, 2020 1:24 pm

GtownRandy wrote:Rodenbach Classic in 500mL cans. $3.10

Image

I noticed the new listing, but totally missed that it was in a can.
beerstodiscover
Bar Fly
Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby beerstodiscover » Mon May 25, 2020 6:10 pm

Keep the cans coming!

Image
Lukie
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:16 am

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby Lukie » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:42 pm

beerstodiscover wrote:Keep the cans coming!

Image



Cans are fine but I just hope they didn't mess with the size format. Cause I swear, Aventinus 500ml bottle has been a regular of mine for many years and I consider it to be one of the finest value/taste beers at the BO.
beerstodiscover
Bar Fly
Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby beerstodiscover » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:38 am

Lukie wrote:Cans are fine but I just hope they didn't mess with the size format. Cause I swear, Aventinus 500ml bottle has been a regular of mine for many years and I consider it to be one of the finest value/taste beers at the BO.


I agree and I don't see that changing. This brewery (and Germany as a whole) has been delivering great beer value at the LCBO for a while now. This is still listed at $3.60/500ml
User avatar
dale cannon
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:46 am

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby dale cannon » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:56 am

beerstodiscover wrote:
Lukie wrote:Cans are fine but I just hope they didn't mess with the size format. Cause I swear, Aventinus 500ml bottle has been a regular of mine for many years and I consider it to be one of the finest value/taste beers at the BO.


I agree and I don't see that changing. This brewery (and Germany as a whole) has been delivering great beer value at the LCBO for a while now. This is still listed at $3.60/500ml


This is true.

And Aventinus is indeed a gem.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 9945
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby Belgian » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:22 pm

dale cannon wrote:
beerstodiscover wrote:
Lukie wrote:Cans are fine but I just hope they didn't mess with the size format. Cause I swear, Aventinus 500ml bottle has been a regular of mine for many years and I consider it to be one of the finest value/taste beers at the BO.

I agree and I don't see that changing. This brewery (and Germany as a whole) has been delivering great beer value at the LCBO for a while now. This is still listed at $3.60/500ml

This is true.

And Aventinus is indeed a gem.

+ 1 the love for Schneider & Sohn and particularly the Aventinus, always perfect and versatile as you can certnly adjust the temperature warmer for winter and cooler for summer.

Is anybody enjoying a great Hefeweizen right now, and who is selling it? Godspeed put their excellent Shirinami on hiatus this summer, I must have had over 50 of those last year. I love good proper Weissbier. But I hope to see the GS Kölsch!
In Beerum Veritas
User avatar
BartOwl
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:14 pm
Location: King and Beerthurst

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby BartOwl » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:48 pm

Aventinus is excellent. Recently, I had Northern Maverick Hefeweizen, and it packed a flavourful punch of well made German wheat beer taste. I will have to try the Godspeed one sometime.

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests