Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

biegaman wrote:Came across a stash of Great Lakes Sweet Pete's Peach Wheat today. I seem to remember some talks about this coming to the LCBO... well, it appears to be here now.
It was at the lcbo months ago. Must be old stock that got forgotten in a dark corner of the warehouse.

Soods

Post by Soods »

Thought this was just released at the end of September?

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Soods wrote:Thought this was just released at the end of September?
It was. It's a new batch.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Saw yesterday as part of the Christmas release:
Jenlain Or from Brasserie Duyck

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Did you see anything else interesting on the christmas list?

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

I picked up a bottle yesterday. Very little peach comes through in the taste. I was hoping for the big sour peach finish similar to dogfish head festina a peche but unfortunately it wasnt there.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Stroonze wrote:I picked up a bottle yesterday. Very little peach comes through in the taste. I was hoping for the big sour peach finish similar to dogfish head festina a peche but unfortunately it wasnt there.
Well said, it didn't do much for me - but women request sweet gentle beers all the time.
In Beerum Veritas

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Belgian wrote:
Stroonze wrote:I picked up a bottle yesterday. Very little peach comes through in the taste. I was hoping for the big sour peach finish similar to dogfish head festina a peche but unfortunately it wasnt there.
Well said, it didn't do much for me - but women request sweet gentle beers all the time.
With all due respect, you need to hang out with a better class of women.... :wink:

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

yeah I didnt find it very impressive either. Very little peach. And I have never seen a wheat beer pour with such little head before. Completely flat, not even a quarter inch. Very little carbonation at all.

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

didnt see this posted anywhere yet, but an Oct. 5th Toronto Star article mentions that in February 5 Garrison beers will be at the LCBO as part of the brewery feature program.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there will be another feature before that? I was thinking they might have one in Nov/Dec, but who knows if the Super Collider will even be out by then.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Hawks28 wrote:didnt see this posted anywhere yet, but an Oct. 5th Toronto Star article mentions that in February 5 Garrison beers will be at the LCBO as part of the brewery feature program.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there will be another feature before that? I was thinking they might have one in Nov/Dec, but who knows if the Super Collider will even be out by then.
There was talk a while ago that the next one would be a Fuller's feature.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

It looks like La Trappe Quad is on its way. Or is this an old listing that is waiting for its "Product Discontinued" designation?

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... mber=92791

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Just saw today:

Southern Tier Unearthly

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

PeenSteen wrote:Just saw today:

Southern Tier Unearthly
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

PeenSteen wrote: Just saw today: Southern Tier Un*Earthly
One of my all-time favourite DIPAs. Thank you Roland & Russell.