Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

PeenSteen wrote:Just saw today:

Southern Tier Unearthly
saw it on the shelves somewhere, or saw that it was coming? either way, good news!

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

cratez wrote:
PeenSteen wrote: Just saw today: Southern Tier Un*Earthly
One of my all-time favourite DIPAs. Thank you Roland & Russell.
You're welcome. Since the cat is out of the bag, we may as well confirm that Un*Earthly will be part of (along with three other beers from our portfolio) the upcoming Spring 2012 release.

We are particularly excited because we always believed that Un*Earthly deserved a spot on the LCBO shelves and it took three if not four attempts over a course of several years before it got accepted.
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Roland + Russell wrote:
cratez wrote:
PeenSteen wrote: Just saw today: Southern Tier Un*Earthly
One of my all-time favourite DIPAs. Thank you Roland & Russell.
You're welcome. Since the cat is out of the bag, we may as well confirm that Un*Earthly will be part of (along with three other beers from our portfolio) the upcoming Spring 2012 release.

We are particularly excited because we always believed that Un*Earthly deserved a spot on the LCBO shelves and it took three if not four attempts over a course of several years before it got accepted.
Good to hear! Thanks for continually brining in some great beers from Souther Tier. You guys should become the agents for Ithaca as well :)

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:Good to hear! Thanks for continually brining in some great beers from Souther Tier. You guys should become the agents for Ithaca as well :)
...and Smuttynose!

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Your bringing in Smutty! That is great news. Hopefully you are bringing in finest kind IPA.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Stroonze wrote:Your bringing in Smutty! That is great news. Hopefully you are bringing in finest kind IPA.
Lol, no they aren't

xocoatl

Post by xocoatl »

Ready to do my part making sure Un Eearthly sells well enough to try for it as a regular listing.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Rolande et Roussell wrote: we may as well confirm that Un*Earthly will be part of (along with three other beers from our portfolio) the upcoming Spring 2012 release.
Surprise after surprise - and importers like you are a big part of this New Wave of decent LCBO imports.('NWODLCI' as it is otherwise known, or 'neewodlicky'.)

And, um the Gemini was dangerously tasty - I know beers of this level will never be that cheap here, but my poor wallet is in for it. LOL
In Beerum Veritas

Wheatsheaf

Post by Wheatsheaf »

NRman wrote:...and Smuttynose!
My fellow old-timers will remember Smuttynose showing up at the LCBO nearly 10 years ago. I think Esprit was the agent.
Here's to the slow path.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Weihenstephaner Vitus
Weihenstephaner Kristallweissbier

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

PeenSteen wrote:Weihenstephaner Vitus
No whey :o .

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

fantastic!
PeenSteen wrote:Weihenstephaner Vitus

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Westmalle Tripel is listed on the lcbo website now..

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

spinrsx wrote:Westmalle Tripel is listed on the lcbo website now..
i posted that the other day in beeradvocate.
i remember talking to either Esprit or R&R (pretty certain it was Esprit) and they hinted that there was a Trappist surprise coming our way.

one more think to whet your appetite: we may be on the verge of getting another awesome Belgian beer via private order. not saying which one just yet...

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

atomeyes wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Westmalle Tripel is listed on the lcbo website now..
i posted that the other day in beeradvocate.
i remember talking to either Esprit or R&R (pretty certain it was Esprit) and they hinted that there was a Trappist surprise coming our way.

one more think to whet your appetite: we may be on the verge of getting another awesome Belgian beer via private order. not saying which one just yet...
Trappist surprise of, like, the Rochefort variety?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John