Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Coming Soon to the LCBO

Post by PeenSteen »

So I was digging around the LCBO internal product search and came across a few interesting products listed as new items, so they probably wont be available for a couple months or are part of an upcoming release. They are:

Chimay Grand Reserve Canister 750ml - Dont know what the canister is
Affligem Dubbel
Southern Tier Choklat - coming back
Garrison IIPA - coming back, 9270 on order to LCBO
Garrison Oktoberfest
St. Ambroise Scotch Ale
St. Ambroise RIS

Also, St. Ambroise Raspberry and IPA will be showing up on tap in the next couple of weeks. Not too bad all in all.....thats all I got.

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

beautiful news, thanks.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Choklat-stic!!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

PeenSteen wrote:
Chimay Grand Reserve Canister 750ml - Don't know what the canister is
Usually an enclosed tube often cardboard sometimes metal. Good outer packaging for aging a beer, I guess.
In Beerum Veritas

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

A couple of things stick out for me...

1. St. Ambroise RIS - seems kinda late for this year's version, doesn't it? Is this an order for next year's?

2. Garrison IIPA - how early does the LCBO place orders? Could this be for a fall release? Or is that too far out? Seems rather soon to have this one back again...

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

PeenSteen wrote:
Also, St. Ambroise Raspberry and IPA will be showing up on tap in the next couple of weeks. Not too bad all in all.....thats all I got.
St. Ambroise IPA? Tell me more...

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Belgian wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:
Chimay Grand Reserve Canister 750ml - Don't know what the canister is
Usually an enclosed tube often cardboard sometimes metal. Good outer packaging for aging a beer, I guess.
Perhaps something like this:

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

tyler90 wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:
St. Ambroise IPA? Tell me more...
Has to be their pale ale or Extra pale ale.

strowlands8

Post by strowlands8 »

I believe I read somewhere that the IPA is a brand new offering, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Yes, the IPA is a new offering that will be out sometime in June.

The St. Ambroise RIS will be next years, not the most recent one. The LCBO will be alternating between the Vintage Ale and RIS every year from now on.

Garrison IIPA will probably be released on the next release (not the summer on on May 22) or it could just be a new year round listing

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

PeenSteen wrote: Garrison IIPA - coming back, 9270 on order to LCBO
Garrison Oktoberfest
Whoa, scooped by my own site :-)

They're both Autumn seasonal releases this year. Not year round nor coming sooner.

But great news that they're both coming back!

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last time Chimay Bleu was offered on its own a few years back as fall/winter seasonal (in the 330ml bottle)? I remember buying a case.

So maybe fall/winter for the Chimay Bleu?

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

Gedge wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last time Chimay Bleu was offered on its own a few years back as fall/winter seasonal (in the 330ml bottle)? I remember buying a case.

So maybe fall/winter for the Chimay Bleu?
In the big bottle in a tube format, i'd hazard a guess it's probably for the christmas gift pack release...

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Also:

Bacchus Flemish Old Brown

I think the chimay will be a christmas gift pack, also the Duvel 750ml with glass is there and will probably be a gift pack as well

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

PeenSteen wrote:Yes, the IPA is a new offering that will be out sometime in June.

The St. Ambroise RIS will be next years, not the most recent one. The LCBO will be alternating between the Vintage Ale and RIS every year from now on.

Garrison IIPA will probably be released on the next release (not the summer on on May 22) or it could just be a new year round listing
It is unfortunate that they have decided to rotate the RIS and the Vintange Ale. We have almost a complete lack of good quality RIS in Ontario that it would be good have one avialable annually (not including the flavoured imperial stouts like Peche Mortel, Choklat and Creme Brulee, which are all great).

Looking forward to the Garrison Oktoberfest and the St. Ambroise RIS.