Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

Founders seems to be extra conservative on the bb dates. Even KBS says to drink within about a year but I'm sure it could go many years.

I notice the 2018 KBS is 12.3% vs 11.9% last year. Every little bit helps!

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

It's actually tasting better right now than at any other point since it's release.
roland wrote:
dale cannon wrote:
HeadyestTopper wrote:KBS starting to roll out at some Toronto stores and 1 Ottawa store.......sorry if ya'll already know this!
Also plenty of backwoods bastard about.
Watch out for the Backwoods Bastard expiry dates. The bottles I'd picked up last week were July 20, 2018. No wonder the price is now 3.30, down from 4.

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

Since Founders is being mentioned...anyone know if PC Pils will be back this summer? It just says product discontinued at the website. When it came along near the end of last summer, maybe early September, it became my only regular pilsner until the local LCBO ran out around November.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Philip1 wrote:Since Founders is being mentioned...anyone know if PC Pils will be back this summer? It just says product discontinued at the website. When it came along near the end of last summer, maybe early September, it became my only regular pilsner until the local LCBO ran out around November.
I too was wondering if Mosaic IPA and PC Pils might be returning, they were decent sellers and they are among the most deserving beer values at the LCBO. I would keep at least a six of each going at all times on general principle.
Last edited by Belgian on Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

Philip1 wrote:Since Founders is being mentioned...anyone know if PC Pils will be back this summer? It just says product discontinued at the website. When it came along near the end of last summer, maybe early September, it became my only regular pilsner until the local LCBO ran out around November.
Tons of PC Pils around.

http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/pc-pilsener
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

dale cannon wrote:
Tons of PC Pils around.

LOL, nice.

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

dale cannon wrote:
Tons of PC Pils around.

Got my hopes up there...only to be crushed. :(

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

Hill Farmstead Arthur, Anna, and Florence ready to roll for Monday LCBO online drop, limit 4 pp! Price point is less than stellar at $16.75 a bottle which is about $3 above cost, but I'll pay that convenience fee all day to have these gems delivered locally! Good luck all!

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

ckoop wrote:Hill Farmstead Arthur, Anna, and Florence ready to roll for Monday LCBO online drop, limit 4 pp! Price point is less than stellar at $16.75 a bottle which is about $3 above cost, but I'll pay that convenience fee all day to have these gems delivered locally! Good luck all!
i was honestly expecting it to be in the $20+ range. It's not bad at all, especially with the rate being how it is lately.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

Sierra Nevada Trip in the Woods barrel aged Maple Scotch Ale

750ml 9.8%abv $19.45

portwood

Post by portwood »

GtownRandy wrote:Sierra Nevada Trip in the Woods barrel aged Maple Scotch Ale

750ml 9.8%abv $19.45
Nineteen bucks, though :o
... think I'll pass on this one
@markhamwhisky

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

I would be worried it's sickly sweet, but glowing Ratebeer reviews suggest otherwise. I won't resist this beast.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

This sounds excellent, however beer prices are getting ridiculous... sadly I’ll pass.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

Orval_Al

Post by Orval_Al »

Yeah I have no interest in paying fifteen bucks or over for a bottle of beer. Would rather buy a bottle of wine.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

beerstodiscover wrote:I would be worried it's sickly sweet, but glowing Ratebeer reviews suggest otherwise. I won't resist this beast.
I quite liked it, and found it surprisingly well balanced for a BBA beer. It is still fairly sweet overall though.