Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Sinha is flavourful and complex, yet still approachable and easy on the palate. It's sweet without being cloying. I prefer it a great deal over Dragon Stout, the other FES (or is it a milk stout?) available at the lcbo. Dragon Stout has a flavour I like, but don't like past the second or third mouthful. Far too rich and sweet for me, and I like sweet beers.

The Great Gatsby

Post by The Great Gatsby »

According to Muskoka's facebook page and one of the Beer Store I called in Toronto, the Mad Tom IPA is available in six packs today in some Beer Stores.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

The Great Gatsby wrote:According to Muskoka's facebook page and one of the Beer Store I called in Toronto, the Mad Tom IPA is available in six packs today in some Beer Stores.
Which BS in Toronto has the Mad Tom?

The Great Gatsby

I called the Queen and Bathurst Beer Store and they said they received it yesterday or this morning.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Thanks!

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

So just found out Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout will not be back this year, however we will be getting Brooklyn Monster Ale as part of the winter release

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

PeenSteen wrote:So just found out Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout will not be back this year, however we will be getting Brooklyn Monster Ale as part of the winter release
Thanks for the info. I am not sure how I feel about that... I guess it is always good to see new beers but I do like the aging possibilities of the BCS.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:So just found out Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout will not be back this year, however we will be getting Brooklyn Monster Ale as part of the winter release
Thanks for the info. I am not sure how I feel about that... I guess it is always good to see new beers but I do like the aging possibilities of the BCS.
the monster ages like a champ

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

matt7215 wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
the monster ages like a champ
Good to know. I should have also mentioned that I much prefer imperial stouts to Barleywines :) But I will definitely pick up a few Monsters to age.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

<3 barleywine.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

just saw this in the LCBO internal system today:

#256594 Central City Red Racer IPA

irishkyle21

Post by irishkyle21 »

That's awesome!!!!
We can get drunker than this!!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

PeenSteen wrote:just saw this in the LCBO internal system today:

#256594 Central City Red Racer IPA
Wow! That is the best news in a LONG TIME. I wonder if this is part of the fall seasonal or just a one-off ...

Do private orders from restaurants and bars show up in the system as LCBO orders as well, or are these definitely coming to retail stores?

The Great Gatsby

I heard a rumor that RRIPA MAY be a permanent listing.... apparently being sold as individual cans not 6 packs.

I sure hope it is true.

...According to the Bartowel home page its 6 packs for a limited time.

Hopefully the sale numbers and enthusiasm for the Hopyard and Red Racer will compel the LC to bring these two back.
Last edited by The Great Gatsby on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

This one was in the works for a little while now. It was held up in social responsibility because of the girl on the bicycle promoting drinking and operating a vehicle. I wasn't told if it was going to be a year round listing, but I bet this is going to catch on quickly with a wide varriety of customers.