Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Does anyone know if Summerhill is the only store that got the Weller? The web site inventory isn't updated.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:Does anyone know if Summerhill is the only store that got the Weller? The web site inventory isn't updated.
I heard that Cornwall in Oakville did. I would think that Mavis and Dundas probably did, but if you check which LCBO stores have 'Whiskey Shops' those will be your best bet.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

BakaGaijin wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:Does anyone know if Summerhill is the only store that got the Weller? The web site inventory isn't updated.
I heard that Cornwall in Oakville did. I would think that Mavis and Dundas probably did, but if you check which LCBO stores have 'Whiskey Shops' those will be your best bet.
Thank you.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:I guess I was one of the very few lucky ones to win the PVW lottery :)
Oooooh look at Mr. Fancy with his Utopias and his PVW :wink:

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Anyone find any Sierra Nevada in LCBO stores today? :lol:

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

wonder if it even made it to the warehouse.

lcbo promised SN that the beer would be sold fresh etc. how long until they burn that bridge
Ale's What Cures Ya wrote:Anyone find any Sierra Nevada in LCBO stores today? :lol:

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Ale's What Cures Ya wrote:Anyone find any Sierra Nevada in LCBO stores today? :lol:
Asked today and said it still has not come into the warehouse yet.

But then you knew that was going to happen.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

spinrsx wrote:wonder if it even made it to the warehouse.

lcbo promised SN that the beer would be sold fresh etc. how long until they burn that bridge
I'd wager a couple of months. Also wagering that Sierra Nevada and Stone are both gone from the province in two years at the absolute very most.
Ukie wrote: Asked today and said it still has not come into the warehouse yet.

But then you knew that was going to happen.
Yep, the LCBO is nothing if not reliably terrible.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Von Terra's Twitter account posted a picture of a Pale Ale case last week saying it'd be unleashed this week. The case has a best before date of August 8, 2015.

Looking forward to it hitting the shelves on August 9!

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Odd that the cases have a best before. As far as I know, the bottles themselves have a born on date

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:
Thank you.
The inventory for Weller is kinda weird. When you check all stores or use drinkvine nothing comes up but if you search cities on the LCBO site it will.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

von terra confirmed that the sn pale ale will be at the lcbo next week and that it is a full time year round listing

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

JeffPorter wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote: I heard that Cornwall in Oakville did. I would think that Mavis and Dundas probably did, but if you check which LCBO stores have 'Whiskey Shops' those will be your best bet.
Thank you.
The inventory for Weller is kinda weird. When you check all stores or use drinkvine nothing comes up but if you search cities on the LCBO site it will.
LCBO iPhone app is working also. King Spadina had 6 bottles today (now 5!)

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

spinrsx wrote:von terra confirmed that the sn pale ale will be at the lcbo next week and that it is a full time year round listing
:D

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Also, Knob Creek Small Batch is literally everywhere. This bourbon recently shocked the world at the San Francisco World Spirit Awards winning Best Bourbon in blind tasting.

http://fredminnick.com/best-bourbon-the ... rits-2015/