Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Ben's article on BlogTO notes that GLB's Thrust! an IPA will be available at the LCBO later this spring. Great news for those outside of Toronto. I hope they still release it in cans at the brewery though.

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2015/04 ... _for_2015/

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

midlife crisis wrote:Anyone know of taste testing between Chico Sierra Nevada and North Carolina Sierra Nevada? Just curious. Presumably, if nothing else, the water is different
I would be shocked to find out that a brewery the size of Sierra Nevada doesn't have the ability to treat their water so that the water from both locations is chemically the exact same thing.

zaireeka

Post by zaireeka »

Can anyone give some insight about ordering the Old Rip and Van Winkle 12 year? I should order now but more may be available May 13th? Is ordering online better then phone ordering?

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

zaireeka wrote:Can anyone give some insight about ordering the Old Rip and Van Winkle 12 year? I should order now but more may be available May 13th? Is ordering online better then phone ordering?
All orders will be placed in a random draw. You will not be able to purchase any unless you win the draw. Your odds of winning will not be all that good either.

I kinda miss the days when you had to stand in line at 6:30am to get these bottles. Both are overrated IMHO. Especially VW12. They are good, but the hype is unwarranted. Weller 12 is essentially the same thing for less than half the price.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

How does one enter online again? Been so long since I bothered with the LCBO website.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

zaireeka

Post by zaireeka »

sprague11 wrote:How does one enter online again? Been so long since I bothered with the LCBO website.
https://www.vintagesshoponline.com/vint ... gramId=140 Order here, you need to create an account if you don't have one. You dont have to pay anything unless you are selected.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

BakaGaijin wrote: Weller 12 is essentially the same thing for less than half the price.
shhhh... :P
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

So when do we find out if we succeeded in getting some Van Winkle?

skootles

Post by skootles »

Junction Craft Engineer’s IPA is apparently shipping to LCBOs now.

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2015/04 ... his-month/

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Ale's What Cures Ya wrote:So when do we find out if we succeeded in getting some Van Winkle?
just got my rejection email this AM. check your spam email folder. read the email carefully because, at first, you'll be celebrating getting a bottle.
but you get the same email if you get or don't get a bottle.
look for "allotted quantity"

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

I got a bottle of the ORVW 10. It was the only one I tried to get.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I got a bottle this time around. Neato.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Rejected.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

0 for 2. It's just as well, they would have likely ended up on the trade market anyways
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Who is the e-mail from?

I don't seem to have a rejection or accepted.