Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

kinguy wrote:
DragonOfBlood wrote:
The_Jester wrote: Yeah. I could be spending that $3 or $4 on something useful. Like half a haircut. Or two packs of gum.
And where, pray tell, does one find this product for $3?
...or an $8 haircut.
I don't know if it's still the case, but you used to be able to get $4 haircuts in Chinatown a few years back.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Who cares?

It is only a couple bucks. Ship up or shape out.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Cass wrote:
PeenSteen wrote: Garrison IIPA - coming back, 9270 on order to LCBO
Garrison Oktoberfest
They're both Autumn seasonal releases this year. Not year round nor coming sooner.
I look forward to Autumn beers each Christmas. The Oktober should be real nice with brats on the grill.
In Beerum Veritas

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Belgian wrote:
Cass wrote:
PeenSteen wrote: Garrison IIPA - coming back, 9270 on order to LCBO
Garrison Oktoberfest
They're both Autumn seasonal releases this year. Not year round nor coming sooner.
I look forward to Autumn beers each Christmas.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

matt7215 wrote:another new one:

Martens Pilsner

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=230854
And it's from the same people that brought us Berthold Keller Premium Lager!!! So you know it has to be good! :roll:

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout is coming as well, kinda nice since they did away with Nut Brown

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

PeenSteen wrote:Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout is coming as well, kinda nice since they did away with Nut Brown
Part of the fall seasonal?

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout is coming as well, kinda nice since they did away with Nut Brown
That I'm not 100% on they just pop up on the system with a product number and not much else

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

PeenSteen wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
That I'm not 100% on they just pop up on the system with a product number and not much else
Either way that is good news. It would be nice to have a solid stout or two available year-round in Ontario.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:Part of the fall seasonal?
Either way that is good news. It would be nice to have a solid stout or two available year-round in Ontario.
We do - St. Ambroise and Sinha.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

icemachine wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
PeenSteen wrote: That I'm not 100% on they just pop up on the system with a product number and not much else
We do - St. Ambroise and Sinha.
add to that a world class porter at a great price in fullers.

year round access to a impy is about all we need to fill out the stout porter listings but we do get a few very nice, cellar worthy impys each winter

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

icemachine wrote:have a solid stout or two available year-round in Ontario.
We do - St. Ambroise and Sinha.[/quote]For some reason I thought that St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout wasn't a year-round... good to know that it is!

I spent my hard earned money once on Sinha and won't make that mistake again...

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

At $1.90 bottle I think Sinha is a great value if you like a Foreign Export style stout
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

icemachine wrote:At $1.90 bottle I think Sinha is a great value if you like a Foreign Export style stout
And that is the key, I think. It is a style that a lot of people do not prefer due to the sweetness.

But at $1.90, it isn't much of a loss.......what's $1.90 anyway...........1/7th of a cup of Starbucks coffee?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!