Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

distr0 wrote:and CBS too! was this known?

We don't talk about this. Nothing to see here. Move along. These are not the droids you are looking for.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

wonder if this is a '1 lcbo in toronto' only thing..
BakaGaijin wrote:

We don't talk about this. Nothing to see here. Move along. These are not the droids you are looking for.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

spinrsx wrote:wonder if this is a '1 lcbo in toronto' only thing..
BakaGaijin wrote:

Who knows.....but I highly doubt they had a large allocation.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

December 1 is not Black Friday (stating the obvious). Will BCBS be on Black Friday still? Back-to-back awesome Fridays at Summerhill, perhaps?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

LCBO got a ton of KBS - so you never know. Also, I assume Founders made a bunch of CBS if they're sending it to all 48 states they distribute to. (and canada)

distr0

Post by distr0 »

there should be a rule that these '1 lcbo' releases can never be in the same city twice. or make it a challenge where all 1-off releases are in some remote town in northern ontario or something

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

distr0 wrote:
there should be a rule that these '1 lcbo' releases can never be in the same city twice. or make it a challenge where all 1-off releases are in some remote town in northern ontario or something
ok

Jerk_Store

Post by Jerk_Store »

DeMarco wrote:
distr0 wrote:
ok
Just Toronto all the time, right?

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Jerk_Store wrote:
Just Toronto all the time, right?
Yes

Silvercreek

Post by Silvercreek »

The Spencer Brewery - the first American Trappist brewery

Spencer Trappist Ale 750 ml, will be on shelves in December

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

spinrsx wrote:LCBO got a ton of KBS - so you never know. Also, I assume Founders made a bunch of CBS if they're sending it to all 48 states they distribute to. (and canada)
Well the official release at Founders is a ticketed event with a 2 bottle limit......so I am gonna go out on a limb and say very limited distro.

The KBS we got was an entirely different batch then the US release. There was a shit ton of it.

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

BakaGaijin wrote:
spinrsx wrote:LCBO got a ton of KBS - so you never know. Also, I assume Founders made a bunch of CBS if they're sending it to all 48 states they distribute to. (and canada)
Well the official release at Founders is a ticketed event with a 2 bottle limit......so I am gonna go out on a limb and say very limited distro.

The KBS we got was an entirely different batch then the US release. There was a shit ton of it.
Limited I'm sure ... on timing, it doesn't look like we'll see it for December 1. I've just received the following reply from the brewery to my Instagram comment regarding LCBO distro: "Most likely mid-to-late December is when you'll see it!"

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Should be online only. Problem solved.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

darmokandjalad

Post by darmokandjalad »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:Should be online only. Problem solved.
If there's a reasonable bottle limit, sure, that's probably the best way to do it. Otherwise Count Hugo von TradeHoarder III Esq. can just buy half the allocation in one go, which isn't any better (in fact, I'd say worse) than a Summerhill-only release.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

darmokandjalad wrote:
MatttthewGeorge wrote:Should be online only. Problem solved.
If there's a reasonable bottle limit, sure, that's probably the best way to do it. Otherwise Count Hugo von TradeHoarder III Esq. can just buy half the allocation in one go, which isn't any better (in fact, I'd say worse) than a Summerhill-only release.
If there’s a bottle limit at Summerhill then why wouldn’t there be a bottle limit online?

14 million people in Ontario and only 3 million of those live in Toronto. There is absolutely no way a government run store’s decision to limit the release to one store is better.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.