Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

HeliKOOPter wrote:According to my local LCBO, CBS will not be sold until January as they received word that the bar code is not going to be active until then.

I feel as though this was a note from HQ as a "please stop bugging us about it". When I mentioned that I had ordered a case (and two cases of backwoods that had been sold) to this specific location, the beer person seemed to feel bad that they had already sold most of the case prior to receiving the memo.

I'll be checking out a few other LCBOs to see if this message is consistent, but I'm curious how he cases were being sold/treated at Summerhill throughout the day.
I was just at summerhill. It's for sale, and there's loads of it. Like cases all over the place. Hundreds and hundreds of bottles just on the floor.

Pretty ridiculous selection there right now, actually. Multiple founders, including CBS and regular breakfast, plus some other eccentric stuff in growlers. Dupont Bons Voeux, where the Buffalo roam, Stone enjoy after, that barrel aged boulevard quad, Amager rye Porter on clearance, great lakes anniversary quad, and lots of other stuff. That's just what I saw running through to get my CBS.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Craig wrote:great lakes anniversary quad, and lots of other stuff. That's just what I saw running through to get my CBS.
I hope you mean the bourbon barrel aged stout thingy, not a GLB quad??

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

El Pinguino wrote:
Craig wrote:great lakes anniversary quad, and lots of other stuff. That's just what I saw running through to get my CBS.
I hope you mean the bourbon barrel aged stout thingy, not a GLB quad??
Wasn't their anniversary ale a quad? It wasn't the stout.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

This one, I think: http://www.greatlakesbeer.com/beer/barr ... tyle-quad/

Although I didn't look too closely, maybe it was the stout. If it was, I'm annoyed because I would have got a couple.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Craig wrote:This one, I think: http://www.greatlakesbeer.com/beer/barr ... tyle-quad/

Although I didn't look too closely, maybe it was the stout. If it was, I'm annoyed because I would have got a couple.
GLB released a number of beer with the exact same anniversary label. one was a black IPA, one was an adjunct stout. think there were 1-2 others

Lunardr0ne

Post by Lunardr0ne »

I think the only GLB anniversary ale that got LCBO distribution I's the barrel aged RIS. At least it's the only one I've seen around in KW-area, and I bought two of them.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Ya, I've seen the GLB RIS Stout at the LCBO with that 30th anniversary logo. I don't see the Quad coming up in any LCBO searches either. I'd guess it was the stout there as I think the quad came out many months ago.

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

does anyone have any reviews of the GLB 30th Anniv Barrel Ages RIS?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Very good.. has a nice vanilla flavour. It would getting more love if CBS wasn't available
GtownRandy wrote:does anyone have any reviews of the GLB 30th Anniv Barrel Ages RIS?

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

It was good. But I still say Dragon's Milk is the best bang for your puck right now. And Breakfast Stout.

Grabbed some CBS today. Looking forward to that too. And to think... i didn't have to fight people for it.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

spinrsx wrote:Very good.. has a nice vanilla flavour. It would getting more love if CBS wasn't available
GtownRandy wrote:does anyone have any reviews of the GLB 30th Anniv Barrel Ages RIS?

Agreed. Vanilla really shines here. So does the bourbon. Worth getting if you haven’t yet.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

beerstodiscover wrote:Muskoka Brewery Salty Caramel Truffle

Who among us can resist? :roll:
I hear ya. I had a similar, but much stronger, reaction a few years ago when I saw Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale in the LCBO. :D

I didn't try it. But I will give this one a try.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

beerstodiscover wrote:Muskoka Brewery Salty Caramel Truffle

Who among us can resist? :roll:
I can't. :P
lister

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Its unfiltered too!