Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 711
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby sofakingdrunk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:31 am

MatttthewGeorge wrote:I really don’t care for the Boulevard Stout. Bought 4 bottles, should have only bought 2.

Also, I bought another Black Butte. I know I said I wouldn’t, but it really is a beautiful beer, and it was staring at me wanting to go to my home, lol



I’m thinking I may end up buying another one as well....even though I said I wouldn’t. Just so good, and I keep thinking about it every know and then. Not sure how much longer my wallet can hold back my heart
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 711
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby sofakingdrunk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:33 am

Jerk_Store wrote:Anyone know when Thomas Hardy will be hitting shelves?



On shelves now.
Roland + Russell
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:45 pm
Location: Burlington, ON.
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby Roland + Russell » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:47 pm

Hello,

Yes, we are pleased to announce that once again we have brought the legendary Thomas Hardy's Ale to LCBO shelves. We hope you enjoy it and look forward to seeing your reviews!
Cheers!
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 711
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby sofakingdrunk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:56 pm

Roland + Russell wrote:Hello,

Yes, we are pleased to announce that once again we have brought the legendary Thomas Hardy's Ale to LCBO shelves. We hope you enjoy it and look forward to seeing your reviews!
Cheers!



I drank a bottle this afternoon and it was glorious.
Approx how many bottles made it to stores?
Roland + Russell
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:45 pm
Location: Burlington, ON.
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby Roland + Russell » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:57 am

Hello,

The LCBO ordered approx. 5400 bottles.
Enjoy!
Roland + Russell

www.rolandandrussell.com

twitter.com/RolandRussell
User avatar
JaseWescott
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:08 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby JaseWescott » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:22 pm

sofakingdrunk wrote:
Roland + Russell wrote:Hello,

Yes, we are pleased to announce that once again we have brought the legendary Thomas Hardy's Ale to LCBO shelves. We hope you enjoy it and look forward to seeing your reviews!
Cheers!



I drank a bottle this afternoon and it was glorious.
Approx how many bottles made it to stores?


what vintage was it? 2017? I heard all we got was the 2017 edition. did the brewery send the bottles by donkey?
User avatar
ry_kinney
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:27 pm
Location: Scarborough

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby ry_kinney » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:55 pm

JaseWescott wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:
Roland + Russell wrote:Hello,

Yes, we are pleased to announce that once again we have brought the legendary Thomas Hardy's Ale to LCBO shelves. We hope you enjoy it and look forward to seeing your reviews!
Cheers!



I drank a bottle this afternoon and it was glorious.
Approx how many bottles made it to stores?


what vintage was it? 2017? I heard all we got was the 2017 edition. did the brewery send the bottles by donkey?


I picked up a 2017 from Avenue and Lawrence. Some good in store clearance deals in there too!
tyke66a
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby tyke66a » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:04 pm

Hope we get the 50th Anniversary 2018 vintage next year at least. Who is likely to brew it for the Italian owners of the recipe? This year it was Meantime in Greenwich but they are now owned by Asahi of Japan :(
BakaGaijin
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 pm
Location: Burlington

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby BakaGaijin » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:02 am

Roland + Russell wrote:Hello,

The LCBO ordered approx. 5400 bottles.
Enjoy!


Where are Du Struise products?!? Your website says you represent them.
GtownRandy
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:17 am

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby GtownRandy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:34 am

Lots of new additions to the LCBO catalogue, including High Road Bronan Vermont IPA. Can't wait to try it!

March 14, 2019

Creemore Springs IPA
N/A / $3.25 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

March 13, 2019

Bronan by High Road Brewing
IPA - American / $3.35 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Brooklyn Lager by Brooklyn Brewery
Lager - Vienna / $3.25 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Cream Ale by Muskoka Brewery
Cream Ale / $27.95 (12 x 355 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Elijah's Real McCoy by Bell City Brewing Company
Kölsch / $2.95 (473 mL can) / Canada

Farm Table: Helles by Beau's All Natural Brewing Company
Lager - Helles / $3.45 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Getaway by Side Launch Brewing
IPA - American / $3.45 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Midnight Lager by Side Launch Brewing
Lager - Dark / $3.35 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Northbound by Side Launch Brewing
Lager - American Light / $3.15 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Over My Dad Body Pilsner by Great Lakes Brewery
Pilsner - German / $2.90 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Raspberry Radler by Waterloo Brewing
Shandy / Radler / $2.85 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Red Racer IPA (India Pale Ale) by Red Racer
IPA - American / $3.10 (500 mL can) / British Columbia, Canada

Take A Hike by Upper Thames Brewing Company
Pale Ale - American / $3.35 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

March 12, 2019

30,000 Islands by Trestle Brewing
IPA - American / $3.40 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Harry Porter And The Cherry Hoarder by Great Lakes Brewery
Porter - Other / $7.95 (500 mL bottle) / Ontario, Canada

Pouch Envy by Refined Fool Brewing Co.
Pale Ale - Australian / $3.25 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Settle Down by Abe Erb Brewing Co.
Pale Ale - American / $3.75 (473 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Spring by Anderson Craft Ales
Lager - Dark / $14.50 (6 x 355 mL can) / Ontario, Canada

Troubadour Magma by Brouwerij The Musketeers
IPA - Triple / $3.65 (330 mL bottle) / Belgium
midlife crisis
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1952
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby midlife crisis » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:45 am

On the less exciting side, an IPA from Creemore (ugh) and two new offerings from Side Launch (including their highly anticipated light lager :roll: ) that mean the death of the outstanding Mountain Lager (boo hoo). But a new German Pilsner from GLB offers hope - maybe it will become my go-to Ontario lager! (A little OT, but speaking of lagers, that new Czech one from Godspeed is just fantastic!)
User avatar
northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1164
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:17 am
Location: Eglinton and Yonge
Contact:

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby northyorksammy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:39 am

midlife crisis wrote:On the less exciting side, an IPA from Creemore (ugh) and two new offerings from Side Launch (including their highly anticipated light lager :roll: ) that mean the death of the outstanding Mountain Lager (boo hoo). But a new German Pilsner from GLB offers hope - maybe it will become my go-to Ontario lager! (A little OT, but speaking of lagers, that new Czech one from Godspeed is just fantastic!)



You are right, Gdspeed is filling a gap, and they are doing so with passion
Reliable Beer Critic
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 711
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby sofakingdrunk » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Glad to see he Brooklyn lager back. Also glad to see the Dad bod Pilsner make it to lcbo. Hopefully it’s a good sized batch. It would be great if it was a regular listing.
S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: Burlington, ON

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby S. St. Jeb » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:00 pm

sofakingdrunk wrote:Also glad to see the Dad bod Pilsner make it to lcbo. Hopefully it’s a good sized batch. It would be great if it was a regular listing.

I bought one at Great Lakes but haven't had it yet. I love good pilsners. Given it is Great Lakes, I have high hopes for this one.
User avatar
JaseWescott
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:08 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby JaseWescott » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:23 am

sofakingdrunk wrote:Glad to see he Brooklyn lager back. Also glad to see the Dad bod Pilsner make it to lcbo. Hopefully it’s a good sized batch. It would be great if it was a regular listing.


Brooklyn Lager is now being contract brewed in Guelph for CA market.

also Steam Whistle is contract brewing Fat Tire Amber Ale for New Belgium (I guess this is coming to LCBO later this year?). cans are now getting the San Pellegrino treatment....

Image
Last edited by JaseWescott on Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests