Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

JaseWescott

Re: Coming Soon to the LCBO

Postby JaseWescott » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:30 pm

sofakingdrunk wrote:
JaseWescott wrote:yeah, Moosehead isn't anything to write home to Mom about. distribution of the Small Batch series doesn't seem so great.

Fixed Gear Brewing Cherry Training Wheels also a new listing

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... sour-13369

And furthermore...Fixed Gear is nothing to write home about either.

the reviews for this beer don't seem so bad? I like sours.

https://untappd.com/b/fixed-gear-brewin ... ls/2867096
MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Postby MatttthewGeorge » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:25 pm

I was thinking the Stout and the Pale Ale, but I guess the Pale isn’t part of the series. Didn’t try the honey wheat or the milkshake stout (which I would avoid like the plague) but I’ll check out the red. Agree on the peppermint IPA though... someone else check that out and let us know, lol
untappd/tweetbox/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge
Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Postby Craig » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:43 am

JaseWescott wrote:
sofakingdrunk wrote:
JaseWescott wrote:yeah, Moosehead isn't anything to write home to Mom about. distribution of the Small Batch series doesn't seem so great.

Fixed Gear Brewing Cherry Training Wheels also a new listing

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... sour-13369

And furthermore...Fixed Gear is nothing to write home about either.

the reviews for this beer don't seem so bad? I like sours.

https://untappd.com/b/fixed-gear-brewin ... ls/2867096

It's not bad, but it won't blow your socks off either. I'd call it a very approachable sour, if that makes sense.

I've had a bunch of Fixed Gear beers since moving to Guelph, and they've all been alright. Nothing that rocked my world, but the sours were mostly pleasant and easy to drink and the hoppy stuff was mostly tasty and on point for what they were supposed to be. They're not a world-beater of a brewery, but they might be my favourite in Guelph.
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Postby sofakingdrunk » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:58 am

^^^^
To be fair, I haven’t had that particular beer. But everything I’ve had from fixed gear(6-8 different beers) has been very average at best. I won’t be buying any more until I hear otherwise.
I’d definitely say they’re my least favourite brewery in Guelph.
seangm

Postby seangm » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:13 am

sofakingdrunk wrote:^^^^
To be fair, I haven’t had that particular beer. But everything I’ve had from fixed gear(6-8 different beers) has been very average at best. I won’t be buying any more until I hear otherwise.

At $4.25/can I'd hope for something a lot better than average as well. I'm willing to pay that much but it'd better be an excellent beer, otherwise I'll stick with things like CA's Mash Up the Jam for $0.70 less per can.
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Postby sofakingdrunk » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:57 pm

seangm wrote:

At $4.25/can I'd hope for something a lot better than average as well. I'm willing to pay that much but it'd better be an excellent beer, otherwise I'll stick with things like CA's Mash Up the Jam for $0.70 less per can.

Based on the other beers I’ve had from FG that’s probably about 1.00 too much. But keeping in line with their pricing.
Final straw for me was when I stopped in to the brewery for a drink, ordered a Pale Ale(don’t remember the name) was below average quality, about 12oz pour and something like 6$. Just wasn’t worth it IMO.
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Postby sofakingdrunk » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:57 pm

seangm wrote:

Based on the other beers I’ve had from FG that’s probably about 1.00 too much. But keeping in line with their pricing.
Final straw for me was when I stopped in to the brewery for a drink, ordered a Pale Ale(don’t remember the name) was below average quality, about 12oz pour and something like 6$. Just wasn’t worth it IMO.
Masterplan

Postby Masterplan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:14 pm

Small Pony at the LCBO? Mares in a Jam.
JaseWescott

Postby JaseWescott » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:28 pm

Collective Arts Chocolate Blueberry Sour listed @ LCBO

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... sour-13682

NOT BEER

West Avenue Cider Heritage Dry also listed 8)

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... -dry-11172

this cider is made outside Hamilton and is REALLY good :oops:

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”