Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

General LCBO Debate & Discussion Thread

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but I noticed the inventory on the LCBO website was last updated as of Thursday. Do they not update for whatever stock they received on Friday?

For instance, Ommegang is showing last updated Aug 15, however maybe a store in Guelph/KDub got some in on Friday. I can't find out until Monday?
Hmmm. Maybe I haven't noticed this before, but I always thought that the online stock counts were updated each night, even on weekends. So it might just bit a glitch.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

GregClow wrote:
Hmmm. Maybe I haven't noticed this before, but I always thought that the online stock counts were updated each night, even on weekends. So it might just bit a glitch.
I've noticed a lack of weekend updates before, but typically there has been a Friday night update... I think...

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I bought a case of chimay blue last night, and the online store inventory hasn't changed since yesterday. Must be some sort of glitch going on

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

spinrsx wrote:I bought a case of chimay blue last night, and the online store inventory hasn't changed since yesterday. Must be some sort of glitch going on
Another thing I noticed is that when they are holding a case for someone it still shows up in their inventory. I looked online at a Hamilton store last month that had a case of Chimay Blue in inventory and when a friend when to grab some, he was told it was all being held for someone.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

phirleh wrote:
spinrsx wrote:I bought a case of chimay blue last night, and the online store inventory hasn't changed since yesterday. Must be some sort of glitch going on
Another thing I noticed is that when they are holding a case for someone it still shows up in their inventory. I looked online at a Hamilton store last month that had a case of Chimay Blue in inventory and when a friend when to grab some, he was told it was all being held for someone.
I remember that, I think it was more a case of the person ordered it in rather than phoned and asked the 24 to be pulled for him.

If its a even number I usually assume its a case brought in and phone to find out.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

GregClow wrote:
MatttthewGeorge wrote:I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, but I noticed the inventory on the LCBO website was last updated as of Thursday. Do they not update for whatever stock they received on Friday?

For instance, Ommegang is showing last updated Aug 15, however maybe a store in Guelph/KDub got some in on Friday. I can't find out until Monday?
The site updated the inventory. Unfortunately, it updated to show stock as of end of business on Friday.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Yes, I see the inventory has now been updated with Friday's stock. Wish it was updated earlier; would have love some Ommegang yesterday! (Much too hungover today for it! :))
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Ukie wrote:
phirleh wrote:
I remember that, I think it was more a case of the person ordered it in rather than phoned and asked the 24 to be pulled for him.

If its a even number I usually assume its a case brought in and phone to find out.
Do you work up on the mountain? Yeah, we were looking for some quads for our BJCP study night and I saw a whole bunch of the Blue up there.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

phirleh wrote:
Ukie wrote:
phirleh wrote: Another thing I noticed is that when they are holding a case for someone it still shows up in their inventory. I looked online at a Hamilton store last month that had a case of Chimay Blue in inventory and when a friend when to grab some, he was told it was all being held for someone.

Do you work up on the mountain? Yeah, we were looking for some quads for our BJCP study night and I saw a whole bunch of the Blue up there.

No I popped in for some other supplies and checked out the beer section, as usual, got home and checked for Blue and it said they had 24. Checked next day and it was gone. That store doesnt usually get that sort of product in considering that has got to be the smallest store I've seen, in a metro area.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

LCBO Poised To Sell Booze In Grocery Stores
Destination Boutique Opens Today In St. Catharines
Published 09/12/2013 | By Guelph Now! Local News

http://www.guelphnow.ca/npps/story.cfm?nppage=1904
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:LCBO Poised To Sell Booze In Grocery Stores
Destination Boutique Opens Today In St. Catharines
Published 09/12/2013 | By Guelph Now! Local News

http://www.guelphnow.ca/npps/story.cfm?nppage=1904
Well, they're opening smaller LCBOs inside grocery stores. I suppose it's a semantic distinction....
saintjohnswort.ca

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Scott Gavura ‏@PharmacistScott 4h
Emailed @LCBO to ask for more local/craft beer at store. Was copied on their internal emails. Apparently I have "too much time on my hands".

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

lol awesome

good old lcbo
atomeyes wrote:Scott Gavura ‏@PharmacistScott 4h
Emailed @LCBO to ask for more local/craft beer at store. Was copied on their internal emails. Apparently I have "too much time on my hands".

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Wow!

Please do us all a favour and send that email in to corporate. If youre not willing, send it to me and I'll make a great article on our website on this sort of thing.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

iguenard wrote:
Wow!

Please do us all a favour and send that email in to corporate. If youre not willing, send it to me and I'll make a great article on our website on this sort of thing.
while i am a pharmacist and a beer geek, that guy is not me.
you're welcome to contact him on your own via twitter.