Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

General LCBO Debate & Discussion Thread

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Masterplan wrote:They usually ask if you don't present an air miles card. To track your purchases to a general local. I usually say "no" and they punch in some made up code.
just use N0E 1N0

jprime

Post by jprime »

matt7215 wrote:
Masterplan wrote:They usually ask if you don't present an air miles card. To track your purchases to a general local. I usually say "no" and they punch in some made up code.
just use N0E 1N0
Hey! That's my postal code!

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

Not sure where else to post this...

Just picked up a St Ambroise 2011-2013 Vintage Ale pack. I didn't get one at Christmas so I am glad I found them. $15.95, a little less than when first release. I got them at Crossroads LCBO. They were part of an end display not, in the clearance section ( where you can find both "33" Export from Cameroon and Castle Lager for $1.45 per bottle). There were about fifteen more boxes after I took mine.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

lcbo site has a new error today..

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

duplicate post
Last edited by spinrsx on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Gah! They redid the whole site. Far fewer options for searching.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

OMG! That is brutal. Thank goodness for drinkvine (which I hope will not be affected, as it will be even more indispensable than ever, now).

Cadbury102

Post by Cadbury102 »

Wow, terrible. No way to see which store has a given beer in stock. Now we have to manually search for stores? Talk about tedious. I hope they fix this soon.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Yes, they've taken something that actually provided useful information, and ruined it. God bless the LCBO!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

I like the aesthetics more, but other than that...hopefully some fixes are on the way.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

What is ruined about it? I can still search by brewery, beer, and product number just fine.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

ercousin wrote:What is ruined about it? I can still search by brewery, beer, and product number just fine.
But it looks like you can no longer get a full list of all stores that have a particular product in stock.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

GregClow wrote:
ercousin wrote:What is ruined about it? I can still search by brewery, beer, and product number just fine.
But it looks like you can no longer get a full list of all stores that have a particular product in stock.
Ahh, all stock information is gone..... This might have just killed drinkvine....

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

ercousin wrote:Ahh, all stock information is gone..... This might have just killed drinkvine....
It's not entirely gone. If you click on "Select Store" on any product page, you can search for stores based on location and see what they have in stock. It just no longer gives you a full list of stores, only 5 at a time.

I suspect the back-end database/API is the same, in which case Drinkvine and other third party sites/apps should be fine.

zane9

Post by zane9 »

GregClow wrote:But it looks like you can no longer get a full list of all stores that have a particular product in stock.
^^ This. sucks.