Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

General LCBO Debate & Discussion Thread

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

searched "gose" to see if LTM gose is out. got grey goose

grey gose, anyone?

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

skaghevn wrote:I did complain to the LCBO, and was sent the reassuring message that
Your feedback will be forwarded to our consumer insights department.
In response to my complaint, I got this ^, and a little more.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the new web site. Your feedback has been forwarded to the appropriate department for review and update.
Find attached a link to the old web-site which is still up temporary:
http://foodanddrink.ca/lcbo-ear/jsp/Pro ... anguage=EN

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

S. St. Jeb wrote:Find attached a link to the old web-site which is still up temporary: http://foodanddrink.ca/lcbo-ear/jsp/Pro ... anguage=EN[/color]
Ah, brilliant -- many thanks!

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

So excuse my joining this party late, does this mean drinkvine is useless right now? I got the email from drinkvine about this, but I didn't really understand if it meant the whole thing had gone pear shaped or not.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

rejtable wrote:So excuse my joining this party late, does this mean drinkvine is useless right now? I got the email from drinkvine about this, but I didn't really understand if it meant the whole thing had gone pear shaped or not.
The search is broken and the stock numbers are only current as of the morning before the LCBO website update (Wednesday morning). So the numbers listed are probably ok right now, but are going to get out of line fast.

Ralph is working on finding a new method of accessing the stock levels using the new system, but it'll take a little time.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
skaghevn wrote:I did complain to the LCBO, and was sent the reassuring message that
Your feedback will be forwarded to our consumer insights department.
In response to my complaint, I got this ^, and a little more.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the new web site. Your feedback has been forwarded to the appropriate department for review and update.
Find attached a link to the old web-site which is still up temporary:
http://foodanddrink.ca/lcbo-ear/jsp/Pro ... anguage=EN
I got the same form response to my complaint, but without even the useful info of that link. :(

FYI, the LCBO search function at http://lcbosearch.com still works. And appears up to date, I think.
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

The response I got informed me that the vintages website still has an advanced search just like the old LCBO site....so I've been using that one.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

El Pinguino wrote:The response I got informed me that the vintages website still has an advanced search just like the old LCBO site....so I've been using that one.
The official LCBO iPhone app still works as well. I used it to track down a few things yesterday.

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

So we're back up and running.

It turns out that lcboapi.com was also affected, but Carsten is fast and got his crawler updated very quickly. drinkvine is now using lcboapi.com for some things and crawling the vintages site for others.

There's bound to be some quirks as result of the changes. Please submit feedback, or tweet us or PM me here if you notice anything.

Cheers,

Ralph
drinkvine.com - a better way to find your beer and wine.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Ralphus wrote:So we're back up and running.

It turns out that lcboapi.com was also affected, but Carsten is fast and got his crawler updated very quickly. drinkvine is now using lcboapi.com for some things and crawling the vintages site for others.

There's bound to be some quirks as result of the changes. Please submit feedback, or tweet us or PM me here if you notice anything.

Cheers,

Ralph
I know you hear this a lot, but never enough. Drinkvine is awesome, thank you for the work you do to make our beer searching so much easier. I felt naked for those couple of days when you were down!

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

rejtable wrote:

Cheers,

Ralph
I know you hear this a lot, but never enough. Drinkvine is awesome, thank you for the work you do to make our beer searching so much easier. I felt naked for those couple of days when you were down!
Ditto. Really appreciate all the work you do Ralph. I know YOU know how much we value it, but sometimes it's nice to hear it said (errr....typed). :D

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Cheers,

Ralph
Is there any way to see the cities for your search results? I.e. without clicking on the location.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

velovampire wrote:
rejtable wrote:

Cheers,

Ralph
Ditto. Really appreciate all the work you do Ralph. I know YOU know how much we value it, but sometimes it's nice to hear it said (errr....typed). :D
More love! Agreed! Thanks for all that you do! You're the best!

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Andicus wrote:

Cheers,

Ralph
Is there any way to see the cities for your search results? I.e. without clicking on the location.
Bump. Anyone know the answer to this?

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

I just scored a St. Ambroise Vitage Ale three pack/vertical pack at an LC in Brampton. Kinda lucky since I never had one when they came out. It was $14.95... anyone remember how much it was when it came out? It isn't listed on either site now. I feel like it was the exact same price.