General LCBO Debate & Discussion Thread

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

brendan

Re: General LCBO Debate & Discussion Thread

Postby brendan » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:06 am

Coronaeus wrote:I noticed today they have updated the Utopias price. Has this come and gone and I missed it? Or, is it coming? Anyone have an idea?

It's live now.
Coronaeus

Postby Coronaeus » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:47 am

Craig wrote:
Coronaeus wrote:I noticed today they have updated the Utopias price. Has this come and gone and I missed it? Or, is it coming? Anyone have an idea?

Just showed up, there's stock online, but they also email blasted it so it might go fast.

Saw that this morning myself and grabbed a few. Even with the price increase, it is still priced so much lower than anywhere in the US. Astonishingly lowers to be honest.
Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Postby Bobsy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:09 pm

I'd just like to point out how shit the LCBO's ecommerce platform is. The site is slow, counterintuitive in its sort functionality and riddled with crap. I spent about an hour sorting through their current selection, and after putting together a case, I get this message at checkout: "There are errors in your cart preventing you from checking out. Please correct them and try again". Of course, no indication of what the errors are and nothing remotely obvious after a careful study. $100 I'll be spending elsewhere.
ry_kinney

Postby ry_kinney » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:33 pm

Bobsy wrote:I'd just like to point out how shit the LCBO's ecommerce platform is. The site is slow, counterintuitive in its sort functionality and riddled with crap. I spent about an hour sorting through their current selection, and after putting together a case, I get this message at checkout: "There are errors in your cart preventing you from checking out. Please correct them and try again". Of course, no indication of what the errors are and nothing remotely obvious after a careful study. $100 I'll be spending elsewhere.

Its the worst. I gave up pretty quickly on the weekend when putting together an order. The app is awful, constantly scrolling through unavailable items. At least on the site you can sort by availability but each page takes so long to load. And they have 4 sets of articles you need to scroll through on each page to browse the beer.

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”