Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beau's Festivale

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mgmoney

Beau's Festivale

Post by mgmoney »

Their website says coming to LCBO soon..anyone got a heads up on this?

notdan

Post by notdan »

Was at the brewery last weekend but didn't bother to ask, sorry. Had a sample and grabbed a growler though, and it's in good shape. Slightly hoppier than past iterations, if I recall correctly, but that could just be the freshness.

One neat thing was that they did a run of regular 12oz bottles of LugTread for an upcoming OCB mix pack.

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

That was the only Beau's beer that I was ever 'Meh' about. Glad to hear it's hoppier this year. I will always try it regardless.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I assume we can expect limited LCBO distribution like Beaver River?

notdan

Post by notdan »

Inkling wrote:That was the only Beau's beer that I was ever 'Meh' about. Glad to hear it's hoppier this year. I will always try it regardless.
Agreed, it is my least favourite of their seasonals (or one-offs), but I did enjoy my sample. Hope they brew the Sticke-Alt again... that was definitely an improvement on the basic recipe.

Queef

Post by Queef »

Last time I was at the brewery for a tour, some of the Sticke Alt, was aging in bourbon barells, as was the Bogfather, and I think the Belgian Stout. No idea when these are gonna be available though.
it's beer o'clock.