Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Upcoming LCBO brewery features

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Upcoming LCBO brewery features

Post by PeenSteen »

So the next brewery feature following Rogue, which I think starts September 10-11 is not from a single brewery but will feature one-off's from a couple Ontario brewers. The breweries I have heard that will be participating are Grand River, Great Lakes and Flying Monkeys. Kind of a neat idea, maybe this is where we will see Miami Weisse.

Following the OCB feature will be Fullers, specifically the Past Master's series.

heebes

Post by heebes »

Thanks for the info Peen! The OCB oneoffs is a great idea. Not so much excited about Fullers though. Totally was hoping for a Founders confirmation upon seeing the thread.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Good news and bad news ... bad news only because I was hoping to see Founder's.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

That's great news!

Those are some of the more cutting edge breweries in the province... and I'd love to get my hands on some of the Past Masters!

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

Thanks for the advanced info PeenSteen, always very much appreciated.

I think both of these features are great. I tend to buy as much American stuff that I can get my hands on, and often forget how great the stuff from the UK is. Especially from Fuller's!

Thanks to everyone else who provides some inside info to new releases etc. as well!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:Good news and bad news ... bad news only because I was hoping to see Founder's.

That's still being explored from what I know. Too bad is isn't happening sooner rather than later though.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:Good news and bad news ... bad news only because I was hoping to see Founder's.

That's still being explored from what I know. Too bad is isn't happening sooner rather than later though.
Looks like 2012 at best now.

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

Yay! I can't wait for a few LCBOs that are no where near me to get a bunch of awesome beers...again.
I don’t care what the U.N. says, I don’t recognize countries that don’t produce beer.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

I'm pretty pleased about the Fuller's news. I've been wanting to try Past Masters and I hope to see some Golden Pride, Bengal Lancer and Chiswick Bitter in the release as well. Probably unlikely but it would be great to see the Brewer's Reserve make it here as well.

edit: apparently the next Past Masters is a "Double Stout"

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I really, Really hope the 1845 is included.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

Cale wrote:I'm pretty pleased about the Fuller's news. I've been wanting to try Past Masters and I hope to see some Golden Pride, Bengal Lancer and Chiswick Bitter in the release as well. Probably unlikely but it would be great to see the Brewer's Reserve make it here as well.

edit: apparently the next Past Masters is a "Double Stout"
The Fuller's feature has me probably more interested than any other feature so far. I hope they do get some of the other Fuller's beers that don't make it to Ontario since that would be awesome. I have been reading about the past masters and they sound pretty interesting too. And getting Brewer's Number 2 would be awesome. I went to London in 09 with my wife and we toured Fuller's. I have an awesome picture of me sitting on a barrel of BR #2 as there were a bunch aging in a corner of the brewery.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

icemachine wrote:I really, Really hope the 1845 is included.
1845 is coming, but it will be sepearte from the brewery feature

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

I'd like to see some of their bottle-conditioned offerings.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

mintjellie wrote:I'd like to see some of their bottle-conditioned offerings.
They only do 2 don't they? 1845 & Vintage ale.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Torontoblue wrote:
mintjellie wrote:I'd like to see some of their bottle-conditioned offerings.
They only do 2 don't they? 1845 & Vintage ale.
The Brewer's Reserve is bottle-conditioned. And it is excellent!