Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Central City Red Racer

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Baulz

Post by Baulz »

kafercrazy wrote:
Baulz wrote:I hope some makes it to Peterborough this time. I ordered a case whenever the first shipment came to Onatrio but never got it, will I have to place my order again?
one case comes in ... gone in two hours. :roll:
I'm somewhat responsible for that. Did they hold some for you?

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

Baulz wrote:I'm somewhat responsible for that. Did they hold some for you?
yep :wink:

zane9

Post by zane9 »

At the 415 King Street West (King & Spadina) location there were 11 cans this morning. The store received one case. I grabbed a few. :)

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

It is disappointing to see that this batch appears to have gone to the exact same stores as the first batch (which was a limited list and an odd one). Not a single Mississauga store has this in stock.

Disappointing...

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

zane9 wrote:At the 415 King Street West (King & Spadina) location there were 11 cans this morning. The store received one case. I grabbed a few. :)
Liberty Village got the same, I left 5 on the shelf a few minutes ago.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

What's the code on the new cans?

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Just picked up a few from Summerhill today and the date is 05/01/2012. Best before I imagine, anyone know when it would have been canned from that?

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

ritzkiss wrote:Just picked up a few from Summerhill today and the date is 05/01/2012. Best before I imagine, anyone know when it would have been canned from that?
is there a code involving a letter (A through M) followed by some digits? That's typically the canning/bottling date, and that's how they were with the first shipment (unless they changed/added/modified how they're marking the cans :)

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

INVENTORY POSITION

CENTRAL CITY RED RACER IPA
LCBO 256594 | 355 mL can

Price: $ 2.95

The Quantity on Hand displayed is as of the Inventory Date indicated. Please contact the store to confirm quantity.

1. TORONTO-CENTRAL 2 COOPER STREET
QUEENS QUAY & YONGE

(416)864--6777 Oct 14, 2011 " 2835 cans"

Why am I not surprised?

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Baulz wrote:
kafercrazy wrote:
Baulz wrote:I hope some makes it to Peterborough this time. I ordered a case whenever the first shipment came to Onatrio but never got it, will I have to place my order again?
one case comes in ... gone in two hours. :roll:
I'm somewhat responsible for that. Did they hold some for you?
Thanks for leaving two cans! Bill says he ordered ten cases - got one.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Baulz

Post by Baulz »

I still have some left, will save a couple for you.

hops are your friend

Post by hops are your friend »

liamt07 wrote:
ritzkiss wrote:Just picked up a few from Summerhill today and the date is 05/01/2012. Best before I imagine, anyone know when it would have been canned from that?
is there a code involving a letter (A through M) followed by some digits? That's typically the canning/bottling date, and that's how they were with the first shipment (unless they changed/added/modified how they're marking the cans :)
I just picked some up in Ottawa (Richmond & Kirkwood store - there were 16 left after I bought mine). According to my eyes, the bottom of the cans say:

I0111 11:19
BB:05/01/2012

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

hops are your friend wrote:
liamt07 wrote:
I just picked some up in Ottawa (Richmond & Kirkwood store - there were 16 left after I bought mine). According to my eyes, the bottom of the cans say:

I0111 11:19
BB:05/01/2012
"I", being the 9th letter of the alphabet corresponds to the 9th month of the year. the rest is self-explanatory. Canned on September 1, 2011, best before May next year. Using "I" isn't typical in Ontario, as it looks too much like a "1," this would be "J0111" if canned here.
/endspiel

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

I'm hoping our local crafters are watching Red Racer fly off the shelves and see that it's more than gimmick marketing or a fickle beer geek trend. Red Racer IPA is one of the best tasting west coast IPAs around that can compete with the big US micros IPAs.....so IPAs like Red Racer sell out.
Aventinus rules!

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

pootz wrote: I'm hoping our local crafters are watching Red Racer fly off the shelves and see that it's more than gimmick marketing or a fickle beer geek trend. Red Racer IPA is one of the best tasting west coast IPAs around that can compete with the big US micros IPAs.....so IPAs like Red Racer sell out.
Agreed.

For the Londoners who enjoy this beer, there's still a half case left at Wellington & Bradley. For some reason it's not showing in the system. Len and I snagged our allotment today; I'd recommend getting there quick as the 5-case supply at Clarke & Dundas sold out in a couple of days.