Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Central City Red Racer

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

pretty limited release so far, bummer.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

great stuff...picked up 6 and was trying to be conservative and have one/day...but now they are all gone anyway...any word on Hope Head from Tree? other thread said late July?

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

that store that had like 1200 cans in stock is down to around 100. crazy..

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

Most of those are on hold as well. I had a friend go in to try and purchase some.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

These didnt' make it to a single store in Mississauga, which is very odd. I had to go to Brampton to get some.

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

I see they updated the name to 'Red Racer'. But unfortunately its still limited to just 10 stores. I guess I'm off to Buffalo for beer.... again.
I don’t care what the U.N. says, I don’t recognize countries that don’t produce beer.

vincho

Post by vincho »

After just having been dissapointed by a lack of inventory at the Cooper St. LCBO, how is it that they 'have a missing shipment' of Red Racer?!?!?!
Also the St. Lawrence Market got cleaned out dry, this is just unbelievable. I thought no one actually bought into craft beers!?!?!

The Mick

Post by The Mick »

For those in Kingston, the LC on Midland recieved 24 cans this morning. There are 12 left and judging by the popularity of this brew in other areas, you'd be wise to red race down there if you would like to grab some. Good Luck.
I don't always drink beer ... because sometimes my friends win and we have to go to macro-only establishments.

heebes

Post by heebes »

Brampton is almost cleaned out. Minimal stock left on the shelves...

zaireeka

Post by zaireeka »

Any news on when this IPA will be restocked? Seems it pretty much sold out in a weekend.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I was talking to a manager at Promenade today (the 16 cans there are on hold), supposedly QQ has put in an order for an extra 120 cases.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

zaireeka wrote:Any news on when this IPA will be restocked? Seems it pretty much sold out in a weekend.
Don't hold your breath - this was posted to the Red Racer blog yesterday:

"72 hours, that’s how long it took for Red Racer IPA to all but sell out upon arriving in the LCBO. Although we’re used to selling beer at alarming rates these days, this may be a new record. Sadly, this is a double edged sword as there is no set date for us to send another shipment out east. That said, with the support shown by the Ontario market we’re obviously going to do whatever we can to return as soon as possible, but make no promises."

On that note - if anyone has an extra can or two that they can spare, please let me know, as I didn't think it would sell out so fast and assumed that it was general list, so I totally missed the boat. :cry:

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Geeez, glad I got my share. Musta had lame ass hoarders and restaurants buy it all up.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Geeez, glad I got my share. Musta had lame ass hoarders and restaurants buy it all up.
ha, for once I agree with one of your signatures.
I don’t care what the U.N. says, I don’t recognize countries that don’t produce beer.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

If we had a proper retail model this shit wouldn't happen. Hopefully the case I ordered shows up.