Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Central City Red Racer

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

cmadd wrote:keep6imports just tweeted that Red Racer will be in the LC as of next week!
good to hear ... I wonder what the brewed on date is on these cans...

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Cool. This took so long I thought it was abandoned or sold out while I looked the other way for a minute. I still don't find it on the website.

I thought I'd have to bring some back from BC again. I was getting the feeling I'd be out there again before it ever got listed!
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Still not showing on the website (two full weeks after Gedge posted the product number). Bloody LCBO. Would have been a perfect beer to accompany today's Canadian Open telecast.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

It is now showing up on the LCBO web site, so it is just a matter of time before inventory shows (probably Wednesday)

http://lcbo.ca/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/de ... ber=256594

wilco

Post by wilco »

According to the LCBO website this is the "Red Race IPA." Almost did a spit-take on that one.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

wilco wrote:According to the LCBO website this is the "Red Race IPA." Almost did a spit-take on that one.
Probably had to change it to comply with their social responsibility mandate. :roll:
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

I got some at Cooper Street LCBO earlier, they have 1,000 cans in stock - it's in the fridge with the Heineken etc not with craft beer.

ENJOY!

Here's the pic!

http://twitpic.com/5xb3bn
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

notdan

Post by notdan »

wilco wrote:According to the LCBO website this is the "Red Race IPA." Almost did a spit-take on that one.
Based on the hop-profile, shouldn't it be 'Red Race American India Pale Ale'?

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Garthicus wrote:I got some at Cooper Street LCBO earlier, they have 1,000 cans in stock - it's in the fridge with the Heineken etc not with craft beer.

ENJOY!

Here's the pic!

Christ Al! You're really tall - your hand level with the third floor of that building!

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Bobsy wrote:
Garthicus wrote:I got some at Cooper Street LCBO earlier, they have 1,000 cans in stock - it's in the fridge with the Heineken etc not with craft beer.

ENJOY!

Here's the pic!

Christ Al! You're really tall - your hand level with the third floor of that building!
They don't call me Gulliver for nowt.
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

TJ

Post by TJ »

ENJOY!
I've enjoyed three tonight. Such a great beer. I really should go back and stock up.

IPASlav

Post by IPASlav »

Garthicus wrote: they have 1,000 cans in stock - it's in the fridge with the Heineken etc not with craft beer.
...well, until I got there...don't worry, I left about a dozen for the rest of you...no, I only picked up six today...Hopefully it'll make it up to Brampton.

Right now in my fridge is some Hop Yard, Mad Tom, Smashbomb, and now some Red Racer (and some Brooklyn Lager just to keep me in check)

Tonight, I've had a RR and a SB back to back...

...pretty decent summer I think...

I actually got there before they put them out...

Nice LCBO lady: Can I help you find anything?

Me: [all sad and sullen] Aw, the guy who orders your beer said he thought Red Racer would be in today...[stuffs hands in his pockets; kicks imaginary stone.]

NLCBOL: Actually we just got it in...A LOT of it...can I go and get you some? How many would you like?

Me: [in my head] - four-hundred!!!. [Out loud] - Oh, maybe just 6 for now...

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Grabbed a half case tonight. Great stuff, but I will drink it sparingly.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Any canned on date for these? Can't remember if Central City does it...