Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Central City Red Racer

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:And I get 11,990 of those units are going to one store in Toronto!
Yeah I hope thats not the case again
Me as well. The beer guy at that store is one of the least helpful people I have ever talked to at any LCBO.
Kirk isnt so bad IMO

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Someone posted this on BA:

"Beer guy at Queens Quay says they are getting a new shipment around Sept 15."

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

PeenSteen wrote:
icemachine wrote:I'm not sure how that jives with this from their twitter account

@RedRacerBeer Red Racer Beer
@cparker1425 We did a one off shipment to the LCBO. Until our new brewery is ready we'll be hard pressed to make it a regular shipment.
I promise you that the LCBO has 12000 units on order, I check the LCBO internal system and thats where this info is from
AFAIK - 500 cases (4.26 hl) is not exactly a lot of beer, and Central City have not said that this 12000 unit order is yet a 'regular' shipment - so no contradiction correct?

Red Racer's a great fit for our system, plus cans are so light and easy to return!
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

matt7215 wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:
PeenSteen wrote: Yeah I hope thats not the case again
Me as well. The beer guy at that store is one of the least helpful people I have ever talked to at any LCBO.
Kirk isnt so bad IMO
Surprising.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Belgian wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:
icemachine wrote:I'm not sure how that jives with this from their twitter account

@RedRacerBeer Red Racer Beer
@cparker1425 We did a one off shipment to the LCBO. Until our new brewery is ready we'll be hard pressed to make it a regular shipment.
I promise you that the LCBO has 12000 units on order, I check the LCBO internal system and thats where this info is from
AFAIK - 500 cases (4.26 hl) is not exactly a lot of beer, and Central City have not said that this 12000 unit order is yet a 'regular' shipment - so no contradiction correct?

Red Racer's a great fit for our system, plus cans are so light and easy to return!
That's 42.6 hl, or 36.3 Barrels. I'll believe it when I see it.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

heebes

Post by heebes »

new batch of Red Racer is hitting shelves

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Ooh, a bunch showed up at Yonge & Summerhill. I know where I'm going after work tomorrow.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I have three cans left from the last running...they've been in my fridge and I just cracked it open and can't believe how good it still is!

Cans rock!!!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Baulz

Post by Baulz »

I hope some makes it to Peterborough this time. I ordered a case whenever the first shipment came to Onatrio but never got it, will I have to place my order again?

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

Baulz wrote:I hope some makes it to Peterborough this time. I ordered a case whenever the first shipment came to Onatrio but never got it, will I have to place my order again?
we'll get some, a road trip might be necessary ... not out of the question.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Just placed an order for 5 cases.

We've got a new beer guy at my store, so store 200 is now the most craft friendly in London.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Just placed an order for 5 cases.

We've got a new beer guy at my store, so store 200 is now the most craft friendly in London.
The LCBO is the most Len Manning-friendly store in Ontario.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I like beer. Red Racer good beer. Save me go get Stone IPA.
In Beerum Veritas

Wray77

Post by Wray77 »

Belgian wrote:I like beer. Red Racer good beer. Save me go get Stone IPA.
I hope your rite.

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

Baulz wrote:I hope some makes it to Peterborough this time. I ordered a case whenever the first shipment came to Onatrio but never got it, will I have to place my order again?
one case comes in ... gone in two hours. :roll: