Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Lost Coast coming to Ontario

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Lost Coast coming to Ontario

Post by GregClow »

I was browsing the website of AFIC Group, a BC-based company that acts has the import agent for a number of different breweries in various provinces. They currently only rep Rogue and Brooklyn for Ontario (with North American Craft recently named their sub-rep for retail), but I noticed the following on their list of represented breweries:

Lost Coast Brewery - www.lostcoast.com
Served in BC, AB, MB, SASK, NS and soon in ON.

No word on when it will be happening, or what brand(s) we'll be getting (Indica! Indica!), but it's good news!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Thanks Greg.

If I could vote, I would cast my ballot for the 8 ball stout as opposed to the Indica, but that is just my personal preference. I'm sorta IPA'd out at the moment.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

indica or the 8 ball stout would be great

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Interesting. I have only tried the 8 Ball Stout and thought it was good, but not great. Would be interested to try their other offerings, but none of their stuff really excites me that much. Still, given the Ontario craft beer environment, this would be a welcome addition.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

id have been much more excited if it was north coast

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

matt7215 wrote:id have been much more excited if it was north coast
Me too. For Rasputin alone.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

If memory serves me correctly, the Lost Coast has been due in ON soon for the last 7 months or so. I look forward to it eventually turning up, but won't be holding my breath.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

That's actually been on their website like that for months.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Lost Coast is ok I guess, but really there is no reason why you can't get as good a product in your local market.

I'm sure I sound like the cranky old guy grumbling in the corner, but I just don't see why anyone would want average craft beer that has been shipped across the continent.

And 8 Ball is their best offering by a long shot.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

willing to bet all we get is 'Great White'

BigLuke78

Post by BigLuke78 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Thanks Greg.

If I could vote, I would cast my ballot for the 8 ball stout as opposed to the Indica, but that is just my personal preference. I'm sorta IPA'd out at the moment.
How about both!!!
Beer me!

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

markaberrant wrote:I'm sure I sound like the cranky old guy grumbling in the corner, but I just don't see why anyone would want average craft beer that has been shipped across the continent.
I don't see why either, however a ticker might.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

For beer geeks in SW Ontario, the 8 Ball Stout is now available in bombers at Gambrinus Bistro & Cafe. Split a bottle last night with Mr. Dynes and it's just as tasty as I remember. Swing by and try one yourself!

Flood

Post by Flood »

cratez wrote:For beer geeks in SW Ontario, the 8 Ball Stout is now available in bombers at Gambrinus Bistro & Cafe. Split a bottle last night with Mr. Dynes and it's just as tasty as I remember. Swing by and try one yourself!
1+ :D
beer up