Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn 2011 Specialty Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

For you London-types; the Garrison IIPA, 1845, Bacchus Old Brown, Funnel-Blower, and Goliath are all now on the shelves at Southdale and Wonderland.

Oh, and the Choklat.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

And for you close to Lake Ontario types, as of last night the Queen's Quay store had absolutely nothing new on display. Except for an empty shelf of Garrison.
But they had re-stocked more S.Tier double IPA (or whatever it's called), so it wasn't a total loss. Somewhat perplexing though, considering all the stores that are carrying.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Just tried the Pedigree VSOP (from Weston/401) and let´s just say there´s nothing very special about it at all. In fact, its a boring caramel-toffee, flat beer you can get any ol´time. I much prefer Fuller´s 1845 in this category. That´s two strikes against Marstons this year.

Any idea when LTM´s Porter and Charlevoix´s Tripel are coming in?

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Still waiting for the LTM Baltic Porter and the Celebrator to even show up in the LCBO system. These are the two I am most excited to try.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:Still waiting for the LTM Baltic Porter and the Celebrator...
I had the chance Sunday to buy Spaten Optimator for 9 bucks a six-pack at Premier. Way cheaper than many USA micros. But Celebrator is OK stuff.
Last edited by Belgian on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

LTM is arriving soon at Brou Ha Ha in Gatineau, so my guess is we'll see it early to mid october.

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

All I wants t' know is where the hell is the Ayinger Doppelbock and the TMB Baltic Porter ..... arghhh :evil:
Aventinus rules!

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Pootz, it's always the ones you want the most.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

sprague11 wrote:Pootz, it's always the ones you want the most.
Will their nefarious mind games ever cease?

aser

Post by aser »

Cannery maple stout is out, picked one up today at Queen & Brock.

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

SMC wrote:
matt7215 wrote:who do you guys think will be the sleeper hit of this release?
Probably the Box Steam Funnel Blower. This province is a sucker of British beer, although I find anything that isn't Fullers to be water.
Edit: Should point out that I hope the Funnel Blower is good, the water comment is what I think of the regular lineup.
I really liked the Funnel Blower. Between that and the Dark and Handsome that was part of one of the releases earlier in the year I have been really impressed with this brewery. I also the engineering theme in their products. Hopefully we will continue to see their products, since I would like to try more.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Kel Varnsen wrote:
SMC wrote:
matt7215 wrote:who do you guys think will be the sleeper hit of this release?
Probably the Box Steam Funnel Blower. This province is a sucker of British beer, although I find anything that isn't Fullers to be water.
Edit: Should point out that I hope the Funnel Blower is good, the water comment is what I think of the regular lineup.
I really liked the Funnel Blower. Between that and the Dark and Handsome that was part of one of the releases earlier in the year I have been really impressed with this brewery. I also the engineering theme in their products. Hopefully we will continue to see their products, since I would like to try more.
Funnel Blower is easily the best surprise of the past few releases - for me at least. I love the stuff. I've found some bottles have over-carbonation issues (a couple foamed over on me) but that's easily fixed as I drink it.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Cale wrote: Funnel Blower is easily the best surprise of the past few releases - for me at least. I love the stuff.
Me three. It's a Vanilla infused Porter - exceptional Brit Ale relelase - and I assume they have Aphrodisiaque Cocoa Vanilla Stout to thank since that DDC classic went over well last year (and I hope it's coming back.)
In Beerum Veritas

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Cale wrote:
Kel Varnsen wrote:
SMC wrote: Probably the Box Steam Funnel Blower. This province is a sucker of British beer, although I find anything that isn't Fullers to be water.
Funnel Blower is easily the best surprise of the past few releases - for me at least. I love the stuff. I've found some bottles have over-carbonation issues (a couple foamed over on me) but that's easily fixed as I drink it.
Most things are easily fixed by drinking more beer!

I picked up a bottle, curious to try it out.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Belgian wrote:
Cale wrote: Funnel Blower is easily the best surprise of the past few releases - for me at least. I love the stuff.
Me three.
And me four.