Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn 2011 Specialty Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Sil

Post by Sil »

Porter Baltique is in at Queens Quay/Cooper St. Not listed yet, but I just picked some up.

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

Also, the RENAISSANCE STONECUTTER SCOTCH ALE is starting to show up:

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=236992
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

munrets

Post by munrets »

Just back from Queens Quay with Porter Baltique, Stonecutter, and the Corne Du Diable 4-pack, plus another SuperCollider. Go get 'em...

uno99

Post by uno99 »

Grabbed 6 Porter Baltique. Should be quite cellarable...

They are going fast. I had to ask the guy for them and he was shocked that the shelf was "already empty".

The Mick

Post by The Mick »

The LTM just showed in my local 'bo today, accompanied by the Stonecutter and Supercollider as well. It's going to be one of the best days of beer foraging at the LCBO in a long time. Likely follwed by one of the hasiest beer drinking nights in a long time, but such are the sacrifices I am willing to make.
I don't always drink beer ... because sometimes my friends win and we have to go to macro-only establishments.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I know this is nitpicky but...

I notice that the Baltic label still says 10% but the LCBO says 8.3.

I'm thinking the website got it wrong otherwise they would have changed the labels (AND it woulda been held up till Christmas!)

It's almost too awesome looking to drink...how many to cellar? How many to drink now? Also - I noticed that it's almost four month in the bottle already...cool!

Got some of that plus the stone cutter!! That along with the supercollider in the fridge...worth the wait to the end of October I think.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

JeffPorter wrote:I know this is nitpicky but...

I'm thinking the website got it wrong otherwise they would have changed the labels (AND it woulda been held up till Christmas!)

It's almost too awesome looking to drink...how many to cellar? How many to drink now? Also - I noticed that it's almost four month in the bottle already...cool!

Got some of that plus the stone cutter!! That along with the supercollider in the fridge...worth the wait to the end of October I think.
Is there not a sticker on it that says 8.3? The super collider has a blue sticker over the ABV that says "10.5%"

uno99

Post by uno99 »

Someone may correct me here, but it's up to the LCBO retail employees to afix those ABV amendment stickers.

source: overheard conversation between LCBO employees.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

uno99 wrote:Someone may correct me here, but it's up to the LCBO retail employees to afix those ABV amendment stickers.

source: overheard conversation between LCBO employees.
Pretty sure its the responsibility of the brewer or import agent to do it, or pay LCBO warehouse staff to do so.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Just returned my remaining bottles of LTM Baltique Porter. Not much of a hassle at all. I am very disappointed with the fact that this year's batch was off.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Had a bottle of the Stone Cutter last night. Loved it. Not my favourite style but was a nice change.
JeffPorter wrote:I know this is nitpicky but...

ProgMetalHead

Post by ProgMetalHead »

Am I the only one that thought the Porter Baltique was pretty disgusting? The sour smell was probably what turned me off the most. I'd smell it every sip I took!
If I swallowed quickly, there were pleasant flavours, but if I tried to "enjoy" the flavours, that unwanted sourness would come through and ruin it.

probstk

Post by probstk »

ProgMetalHead wrote:Am I the only one that thought the Porter Baltique was pretty disgusting? The sour smell was probably what turned me off the most. I'd smell it every sip I took!
If I swallowed quickly, there were pleasant flavours, but if I tried to "enjoy" the flavours, that unwanted sourness would come through and ruin it.
Sounds like you got an infected bottle. This is unfortunate and, from my experience, rare for the Trois Mousquetaires 750s. My suggestion is to convince a friend to buy another bottle (or befriend someone who already has a bottle) and try it again...if it isn't infected, it is really good. :D

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole