Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Ontario Craft Brewery Feature - Aug 2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Any idea when I will get to suck on a bottle of Super Collider, like a Parkdale prostitute? And then just eat the bottle? Like...a prostitute who's...hungry...for glass...?

God, I just want to try this beer...never got to at volo!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Wray77

Post by Wray77 »

cmadd wrote:I know exactly what you mean. The way I see it, we're better off supporting local brewers that are pushing the boundaries a bit. Gets things moving in the right direction.
I agree with you. It's sadly a two pronged problem. We have so many people on this sparse board alone lamenting the LCBO's inability to deliver the beer they desire, and Canadian craft brewers going through brewing pains. Of course it's unfair to compare Canadian craft brewers to American, with all their advantages. Thankfully, they're making progress...finally.

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

JeffPorter wrote:Any idea when I will get to suck on a bottle of Super Collider, like a Parkdale prostitute? And then just eat the bottle? Like...a prostitute who's...hungry...for glass...?

I think you need to put down the Harvest Ale...

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

The Dunkel Buck is certainly taking its sweet time to get out of the Ottawa area...

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Wray77 wrote:I'm sorry but this isn't a top notch beer. It's a notch above most beers in the lcbo and beerstore, but it lacks the body to back up the bitterness, a bitterness that borders acrid.
+1 nice beer, yet hollow taste profile and lacking dimension.
In Beerum Veritas

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

6 cases of miami weiss showed up today at the aurora store incase anyone in the area was looking.

zaireeka

Post by zaireeka »

Is Beau's going to make it out of Toronto & Ottawa?

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

JeffPorter wrote:Any idea when I will get to suck on a bottle of Super Collider, like a Parkdale prostitute? And then just eat the bottle? Like...a prostitute who's...hungry...for glass...?

It's available at the brewery store.

Lamber

Post by Lamber »

Stroonze wrote:6 cases of miami weiss showed up today at the aurora store incase anyone in the area was looking.
Thanks, picked up a couple last night.

BigLuke78

Post by BigLuke78 »

mgmoney wrote:Just picked up a bunch of these in durham region...oh no wait...no I didn't...or Pugnacious...or Beau's Dunkel...alas the quest for good beer continues for this Durhamite...
It's an epic fail living in DR... I am constantly asking my sister to pick up beer for me downtown TO. We get ignored by both the sh!tty bars out here and the LCBO! Finally some is showing up in Ajax, Im on my way there in 10 to pick up some Garrison, ST Choklat and 1845...
Beer me!

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Pickering Lickbo at Kingston and Brock had most of the fall releases...no Miami Weisse or Dunkel Buck or Pugnancious...i am cleaning them out of smashbomb by myself..Sep 8th bottling..
Durhamites rise up!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Just called the Mississauga location that is supposed to be getting this release and they informed me that the Dunkel Buck is on order and was supposed to be delivered twice but has yet to show up. They do expect to get it eventually. Perhaps there are other locations in the same boat.

hopaddict

Post by hopaddict »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:Just called the Mississauga location that is supposed to be getting this release and they informed me that the Dunkel Buck is on order and was supposed to be delivered twice but has yet to show up. They do expect to get it eventually. Perhaps there are other locations in the same boat.
Thanks for the info. I was wondering if Dunkel Buck would ever make it to Mississauga

The Mick

Post by The Mick »

The Dunkel Buck is pretty tasty. I'm not a huge Beau's fan, but this beer has some nice flavour and balance to it. Not to say that the ones I've had in the past didn't, I just didn't find them to be very appealing to my palette. I'm interested to try their Night Marzen as well, because I've heard lots of positive feedback about it.
I don't always drink beer ... because sometimes my friends win and we have to go to macro-only establishments.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Agree. The Dunkel Buck is lovely stuff. Beau's really has a greater range than many of our craft brewers -- they make consistently good stuff in many styles.

But where oh where is Super Collider?