Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Harvest Ale, $9???

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Harvest Ale, $9???

Post by JeffPorter »

I can't remember the price of this last fall but was it this high at the LC? That almost sounds as high and the cranberry stout!

Am I wrong?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

i believe it was $6.75 last year

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Kinda steep for a pale ale.

TJ

Post by TJ »

The price last year was $7.95, if this is correct.

http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=5829
Last edited by TJ on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

Gedge wrote:$8.95 and in stock according to:

http://www.lcbo.ca/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produc ... ber=173641
Yeah, there was a bunch on the shelves at King & Spadina yesterday. Bottle looks really nice (love Muskoka's new branding), but seriously, $9? Kinda ridics.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

So? Return it if it fails your expectations of a 9-dollar beer. That's a good guarantee.

That said I like this brewery more every year, so I wouldn't miss trying one. I bet it's different for 2011. It also might be on tap at usual suspects, better deal.
In Beerum Veritas

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Belgian wrote:So? Return it if it fails your expectations of a 9-dollar beer. That's a good guarantee.

That said I like this brewery more every year, so I wouldn't miss trying one. I bet it's different for 2011. It also might be on tap at usual suspects, better deal.
That is an interesting point that hadn't occurred to me ... it might be different than the 2011 vintage was.

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

It is a bit steep, but as a homebrewer the bottles are great, so doesn't bother me as much.

aser

Post by aser »

To be honest, this was one of the best local brews I've had last year. Surprised the hell out of me. I hope the recipe remains similar to last year.

Streets

Post by Streets »

This was the surprise beer of the year for me last year as well. I remember buying quite a few of them at $7.95, but of course there weren't nearly as many quality pale ales available last year so maybe that made the price easier to accept.

And am I the only one that found this sentence slightly contradictory and/or ambiguous? :)

[quote=Belgian]That said I like this brewery more every year, so I wouldn't miss trying one.[/quote]

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

elproducto wrote:It is a bit steep, but as a homebrewer the bottles are great, so doesn't bother me as much.
I too love the bottles, especially with the peel off plastic. Just need a soak and a scrub and they're ready...Those bottles would be at least 4-5 bucks if bought from a brew store, I imagine...

Also, I wonder if that means the DCCS in the winter will have a big price jump too...(That beer, though, I would gladly pay up to $12 a bottle, but don't tell Muskoka! ;)
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

I just returned to find a bottle of this sitting on my desk.

Magic.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.