Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Hallowe'en Beers 2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Ukie wrote:Shipyard Pumpkin is now listing at $7.30 rather than $8.95. I dont know which is correct, still buying it though.
Great Lakes Pumpkin - 4.95 - is the deal to steal. I hope it's great this year.
In Beerum Veritas

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Belgian wrote:Great Lakes Pumpkin - 4.95 - is the deal to steal. I hope it's great this year.
It's a deal, it's a steal, its the sale of the f***king century. You know what? F**k you Nik, I think I'll keep it!

:wink:

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

JerCraigs wrote: It's a deal, it's a steal, its the sale of the f***king century. You know what? F**k you Nik, I think I'll keep it!

:wink:
I'll have to watch that one again, great!!
In Beerum Veritas

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I'd take the ST and Great Lakes over the Shipyard anyday. The Smashed Pumpkin is only OK in my opinion. At least it's not their regular pumpkin beer.

Always happy to see Corne du Diable back.

I'm curious enough to try the Ghost Town. I really want to like BDM, but the only beer of theirs I've been impressed with is the Rebelle.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

A shockingly solid release. Looking forward to trying the Smashed Pumpkin, Ghost Town, and King Goblin for the first time, and - supplies permitting - I'll be grabbing lots of the DDC, Southern Tier, and St. Ambroise. Also glad to hear the Highballer is coming back. Colour me surprised.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
heebes wrote:cool, i'll probably grab all of these, except for the great lakes pumpkin - didnt like it at all last year.
Interesting how tastes are different. I really liked the Great Lakes Pumpkin. Liked the Grand River too, but thought the GL was a tad better.

The only other pumpkin beer I've tried has been......Brooklyn (?)......found it a bit overwheming in the spice.
+1 for not liking great lakes as much last year as I had in the past...if I remember, it was a tad thin and also found it a little hoppy for a pumpkin...at least for me...Still, love the Highballer and love the St. Ambroise Great Pumpkin...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Greg Clow wrote:254896 / Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin Ale / 9.0 / 650 / $8.95
Shipyard 650ml rang up for a modest $7.20 at Front Street.

Don't forget Mill Street will probably have theirs in growlers. Not bad stuff.
In Beerum Veritas

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Belgian wrote: Don't forget Mill Street will probably have theirs in growlers. Not bad stuff.
I DO like Mill Street's Pumpkin ale, too but the past couple of years, they've only reserved enough for the brewpub and their sister pubs...Not much left over for growlers which was disappointing...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Glad to hear Grand River Highballer will be included. It's still the best of them all IMO. Looking forward to trying any newbies such as Shipyard though. Good release!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Lots on the way to store #200 in London. Those that have placed orders will be pleased.

Each order also comes with a new copy of The Communist Manifesto, written by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. It is how we do things here and we need to spread the propaganda so that the province remains locked in a communist state. comrades.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Seems the Southern Tier Pumpkin is thin on the ground.
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Garthicus wrote:Seems the Southern Tier Pumpkin is thin on the ground.
Man, I'm really sorry to hear that...still gonna give it a whirl...I have to re-acquaint myself with Highballer again, but it's interesting that the pumpkin ale with the best body is the lowest abv...

Still, I will, I'm sure buy plenty of the highballer!

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

JeffPorter wrote:
Man, I'm really sorry to hear that...still gonna give it a whirl...I have to re-acquaint myself with Highballer again, but it's interesting that the pumpkin ale with the best body is the lowest abv...

I'm assuming he meant the distribution.

zane9

Post by zane9 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:...Each order also comes with a new copy of The Communist Manifesto, written by Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels.
We're eagerly waiting for the release of Gulag IPA. :)

Garthicus

Post by Garthicus »

Cale wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:

I'm assuming he meant the distribution.
Correct ! :D
"A pint is too much, but I do not mind pickles" and " even more synthetic (and natural) aroma."