Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Oktoberfest Beers 2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

probstk

Post by probstk »

pootz wrote:I'm hoping the Paulaner is the real amber marzen they sell at the fest grounds and not the light helles they sell to the schmucks as Oktoberfest beer. I was hoping Spaten Marzen would show up this year.
Pretty sure it is the lighter product...Wiesn Bier. Kind of a shame, but I'm sure you'll feel like less of a schmuck with a full liter in you. :lol:

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

probstk wrote:
pootz wrote:I'm hoping the Paulaner is the real amber marzen they sell at the fest grounds and not the light helles they sell to the schmucks as Oktoberfest beer. I was hoping Spaten Marzen would show up this year.
Pretty sure it is the lighter product...Wiesn Bier. Kind of a shame, but I'm sure you'll feel like less of a schmuck with a full liter in you. :lol:
Yeah, it's the light stuff. Same as last year. Weak beer, strong glass.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

I had the Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest at West 50 this past week. Not bad for a lager.

Overlapping Oktoberfest feature, OCB feature, Halloween release and Autumn release. Who do these LCBO people think they are?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

cannondale wrote: Overlapping Oktoberfest feature, OCB feature, Halloween release and Autumn release. Who do these LCBO people think they are?
Dunno. They really like to drink heavily & appreciate fall colors?
In Beerum Veritas

Jonah Hex

Post by Jonah Hex »

FYI, the GARRISON'S OKTOBERFEST BRAU is starting to show up in stores:
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=234260
Scott T.
No, I will not "beam you up."

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Jonah Hex wrote:FYI, the GARRISON'S OKTOBERFEST BRAU is starting to show up in stores:
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=234260
Wow, Dundurn ordered 120 of something? That won't sell out in a day! Hell must have frozen over.