Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

OCB Discovery Pack 10 - Fall 2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Kel Varnsen wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:These packs are useless.
They can't be that useless can they. I mean if they were they would have stopped after OCB Discovery Pack #1 or #2. The fact that they are on #10 must say something about how successful they have been.
Using the same logic, I`ll echo the the fact that there are 5 or 6 seasonal releases each and every year, from Trafalgar. The fact they have so many must mean they are successful. And the fact they are successful must mean good things for thew Ontario beer scene, right?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Wray77

Post by Wray77 »

Well I think they could be useful for the ontario beer scene. Perhaps someone decides they want to try something different but doesn't know what. They buy one of these and they start to get a hankering for beers that taste different than a light lager. I'd say that was good for the beer scene wouldn't you?

Inkling

Post by Inkling »

I am usually good for at least one pack and appreciate them for the breweries that don't make their way to the deepest, darkest eastern reaches of the province. We don't get any Lake of Bays here in Ottawa so I bought the last one to try them out and we also don't get F&M so I'm likely to pick one up of the next pack as well. I've had some interesting releases from Mill St. in the past, and seeing Beau's Lugtread in the teeny tiny bottles was worth it in and of itself. Ok, so I don't wait in breathless anticipation of each release but I enjoy seeing what's there.