Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

OCB Discovery Pack 10 - Fall 2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

OCB Discovery Pack 10 - Fall 2011

Post by spinrsx »

OCB Discovery Pack 10 - Fall 2011 - anyone have any idea what will be in this pack?

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Well since the majority of Ontario brewers have still yet to step up to the plate and make a year-round stout or porter - I'm guessing Mill St Coffee Porter will make its usual appearance. Maybe Netherworld.

Here's hoping we see a malt revolution this season, along the lines of our hop invasion this past summer.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Cale wrote:Well since the majority of Ontario brewers have still yet to step up to the plate and make a year-round stout or porter - I'm guessing Mill St Coffee Porter will make its usual appearance. Maybe Netherworld.

Here's hoping we see a malt revolution this season, along the lines of our hop invasion this past summer.
Mill Street Coffee Porter is year round. It's a general list item.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

mintjellie wrote:
Cale wrote:Well since the majority of Ontario brewers have still yet to step up to the plate and make a year-round stout or porter - I'm guessing Mill St Coffee Porter will make its usual appearance. Maybe Netherworld.

Which is why I mentioned it...

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Cale wrote:
mintjellie wrote:

Which is why I mentioned it...
Sorry, I misread. I thought you were implying it wasn't lol.

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

Muskoka Brewery has a picture up on their Facebook page; beers aren't listed, but from what I can see:

Mad Tom
Black Oak Nut Brown
F&M Stonehammer Dark Ale
Nickel Brook Ale
Old Credit Amber
and something I do not recognize at all

Coffee porter is certainly not there.
Not a very exciting release, as expected.
Last edited by tyler90 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

tyler90 wrote:...and somthing I do not recognize at all...
It's pale, whatever it is.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

The_Jester wrote:
Actually, I'm thinking it's Trafalgar Smoked Oatmeal Stout

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

I think i will actually get a few of these. seems like a nice mix of beers. looking forward to trying the fandm dark

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

tyler90 wrote:
The_Jester wrote:
Actually, I'm thinking it's Trafalgar Smoked Oatmeal Stout
Definitely the Trafalgar Smoked Oatmeal.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

These packs are useless.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

SteelbackGuy wrote:These packs are useless.
They can't be that useless can they. I mean if they were they would have stopped after OCB Discovery Pack #1 or #2. The fact that they are on #10 must say something about how successful they have been.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Kel Varnsen wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote: These packs are useless.
They can't be that useless can they. I mean if they were they would have stopped after OCB Discovery Pack #1 or #2. The fact that they are on #10 must say something about how successful they have been.
I think they're a great promotional tool that can potentially wean people off macros by introducing them to better beer. If these packs had've been around when I was first getting into craft beer, I would've gained an interest in OCB stuff a lot sooner than I did.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

cratez wrote:
Kel Varnsen wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote: These packs are useless.
I think they're a great promotional tool that can potentially wean people off macros by introducing them to better beer. If these packs had've been around when I was first getting into craft beer, I would've gained an interest in OCB stuff a lot sooner than I did.
Exactly, and even if the packs don't have anything in them that certain posters might want, giving smaller brewers more promotion, which would hopefully lead to more revenue can't really be a bad thing can it. Especially if the additional revenue allows Ontario brewers to expand, both in their capacity and the types of beers they brew.