Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Winter Warmers 2011 Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

S. St. Jeb wrote:
Am I reading the website right? $5.45 for a single 341 ml bottle!?

I hope this beer is as good as you say. Not sure how many I'll pick up at that price.
Yes you are reading that right. It is aged with bourbon wood chips, which I am sure is a major reason for the high price. Check out the reviews on BA if you aren't yet convinced that this is worthy of the hype. IMO it is worth every penny of the $6 per bottle.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/194/54546

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

Stroonze wrote:LCBO 264341 Nogne 0 Imperial Stout - 500 ml - Norway
is showing up... :D :D

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

kafercrazy wrote:
Excellent! :D
"Beer that is not drunk had missed its vocation."
http://www.twitter.com/IcemanFTW

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

kafercrazy wrote:
Found some at Liberty Village today.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

The last batch of St. Ambroise Imperial the lcbo got (2009) was fantastic, and as of this summer, was still getting better. I have one bottle left that I'm saving to drink at the end of this semester, and I'm really looking forward to seeing if it's gotten better since the last bottle I had. There's some nice aging potential on this.

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

^^ With the Nogne, St. Ambroise, Winter Beard and SA Trpel it lokos like I'm about to do some damage on the Mastercard after work! Although the shelves downstairs are getting full. :oops:

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

kafercrazy wrote:^^ With the Nogne, St. Ambroise, Winter Beard and SA Trpel it lokos like I'm about to do some damage on the Mastercard after work! Although the shelves downstairs are getting full. :oops:
I think this is a problem we all share.

Jan Primus

Post by Jan Primus »

As much as I love the St Amroise, seems kinda overpriced. How much do they sell for in Quebec? I think it should at least be in a 500ml or something for that price.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Jan Primus wrote:As much as I love the St Amroise, seems kinda overpriced. How much do they sell for in Quebec? I think it should at least be in a 500ml or something for that price.
It's ridiculously expensive, but ridiculously worth it!
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

Jan Primus wrote:As much as I love the St Amroise, seems kinda overpriced. How much do they sell for in Quebec? I think it should at least be in a 500ml or something for that price.
$5.99

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Picked up 4 St. Ambroise RIS today. Hopefully the rest start showing up around here.

TJ

Post by TJ »

Grabbed a pair of Nøgne Ø Imperial Stouts in the St Lawrence LCBO tonight, which has moved to a much improved location just around the corner on Market Street.

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

TJ wrote:Grabbed a pair of Nøgne Ø Imperial Stouts in the St Lawrence LCBO tonight, which has moved to a much improved location just around the corner on Market Street.
Definitely. Was in there yesterday and, wow, you can actually browse in the beer aisles without having to flatten up against the wall when someone's beelining toward the front clutching their precious cans of Laker Ice. Nice change from the creaky antique shop aesthetic of the old location.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

TJ wrote:Grabbed a pair of Nøgne Ø Imperial Stouts in the St Lawrence LCBO tonight, which has moved to a much improved location just around the corner on Market Street.
Yeah, very spacious new digs - but also temporary. The original location is being renovated, and they'll be moving back sometime next year, although I believe they'll be expanding it into the second floor of the building to the south (i.e. upstairs from the current temporary location).

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Man, the RIS is one great beer - one of the best stouts i`ve ever had. For me its a benchmark. Worth every penny. Wish the rest of the St. Ambroise lineup were up to this standard. Plenty of it at Weston and 401, along with Nogne, and Traquair.