Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Holiday/Gift Packs 2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

TheBeeraholic wrote: Also pumped to see Unibroue's 17 and Sam Adams Tripel.
I'll be interested in seeing how much the sam adams goes for....under $10?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

JeffPorter wrote:
I believe 8.95

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

I had the sam adams over the summer in the states. Very similar to la fin du monde.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Not a bad list at all. Mostly repeats, but as others have pointed out the Unibroue 17 is what I'm looking forward to most.

I was kind of hoping for an Orval gift pack for some reason. I also like the Innis and Gunn packs. Their beers have a definite unique flavour profile and I find it enjoyable to do a session of their varying beers.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

El Pinguino wrote:Not a bad list at all. Mostly repeats, but as others have pointed out the Unibroue 17 is what I'm looking forward to most.

I was kind of hoping for an Orval gift pack for some reason. I also like the Innis and Gunn packs. Their beers have a definite unique flavour profile and I find it enjoyable to do a session of their varying beers.
The Orval giftpack would have been icing on the cake, with that lovely chalice of theirs. Maybe we´ll see it as a surprise addition. Last time Orval was here, it was selling like belgian waffles.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Speaking of glassware I got a Fullers pint from somebody, an absolutely lovely drinking glass for IPAs Porters Stouts... I never really used pints at home.
In Beerum Veritas

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Great release, with a few usual duds.

Hopefully Mill St. has tinkered with the recipe alot, because for the past few years I found their bwine drain worthy. I would love to see Gulden Draak sold on its own instead of being chained to that six pack, which is okay but not great.

Really excited to see Unibrou, Maredsous, Chimay and St. Bernie´s. Wish they brought back Orval and Westmalle.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

I've always wondered about St. Peter's...whenever I drink either that or the cream stout, I always find it under carbonated...is it supposed to be like that?
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

JeffPorter wrote:I've always wondered about St. Peter's...whenever I drink either that or the cream stout, I always find it under carbonated...is it supposed to be like that?
I seem to remember that they purposefully give their beers lower carbonation, I think to make it more cask-like.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

PeenSteen wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:
I believe 8.95
Any idea on the cost of the 17?

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:
JeffPorter wrote: I'll be interested in seeing how much the sam adams goes for....under $10?
I believe 8.95
Any idea on the cost of the 17?

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

For the gift packs, other than the obvious ones that say "with glass" any ideas which of the ones come with free stuff? I love free stuff.

Streets

Post by Streets »

Kel Varnsen wrote:any ideas which of the ones come with free stuff? I love free stuff.
I don't think any of the gift packs include 'free' stuff. For instance:

Duvel Twinpack with Glass = $10.95
2xDuvel = $6.00
Glass = $4.95

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

Streets wrote:
Kel Varnsen wrote:any ideas which of the ones come with free stuff? I love free stuff.
I don't think any of the gift packs include 'free' stuff. For instance:

Duvel Twinpack with Glass = $10.95
2xDuvel = $6.00
Glass = $4.95
Fair enough, I could rephrase it bonus promotional items if that sounds better to you. Because along with actual free stuff I also love bonus promotional items.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Kel Varnsen wrote:For the gift packs, other than the obvious ones that say "with glass" any ideas which of the ones come with free stuff? I love free stuff.
Most of these come with glasses even if its not mentioned