Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Holiday/Gift Packs 2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

I am interested in what the 6 exclusive belgian ales will include. Also love to see dekonick gift pack should be nice. I really liked there abbey style ale when I had it.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

phat matt wrote:I am interested in what the 6 exclusive belgian ales will include. Also love to see dekonick gift pack should be nice. I really liked there abbey style ale when I had it.
I think its the Brouwerij Van Steenberge 6 pack that comes every year. The standouts are Gulden Draak and Piraat, the rest are ok (Bornem Dubbel, Tripel, Augustjin and Brugel)
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

phirleh wrote:
phat matt wrote:I am interested in what the 6 exclusive belgian ales will include. Also love to see dekonick gift pack should be nice. I really liked there abbey style ale when I had it.
I think its the Brouwerij Van Steenberge 6 pack that comes every year. The standouts are Gulden Draak and Piraat, the rest are ok (Bornem Dubbel, Tripel, Augustjin and Brugel)
Augustjin and the Dubbel are really good

uno99

Post by uno99 »

For once I have nothing bad to say about this release. Really excited to snatch some of these "gift packs" up for myself :D

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

PeenSteen wrote:
phirleh wrote:
Augustjin and the Dubbel are really good
I do buy this every year, the dubbel and tripel are pretty good. It is a great introduction to a wide variety of Belgian styles - Belgian Strong, dubbel, tripel, Belgian IPA, Abbey, and the 2 Belgian Pales.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Starting to show up now. I saw Fullers, the Belgian mix pack, Sammy Smith, Jenlain, Bah Humbug, Christoffel, La Chouffe, and maybe a couple of others.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Mill Street just posted pics of their gift sets on Facebook. The best one, by far is the Cofee Porter one which comes with one bottle of CP and a nice looking Mill Street branded tulip glass.

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

life a few have mentioned, I'm looking for to Sam Adams & Unibroue 17.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

The_Jester wrote:Starting to show up now. I saw... La Chouffe..
In store?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

cannondale wrote:
In store?
Yes sir.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

The_Jester wrote:
cannondale wrote:
In store?
Yes sir.
Well how about that?

Thanks.

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

The_Jester wrote:
cannondale wrote:
In store?
Yes sir.
Which store? :)

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

They had a few at FCP today, none that I'm interested in (no Chouffe, Fuller's, etc.). The Sam Smiths has shot up in price - $17.50!

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

phirleh wrote:
They've changed it up on us this year. This year's version includes Gulden Draak, Piraat, Augustijn Blond, Donker and Grand Cru and Leute Bokbier.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Got 5 Fuller's Vintage today, 2 Bah Humbugs, and the Erdinger Gift Pack. I also saw the La Choueffe, a ton of other gift packs (no Mill Street or St. Bernardus though) and the Christoffel jugs.