Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Holiday/Gift Packs 2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

The_Jester wrote:Starting to show up now. I saw Fullers, the Belgian mix pack, Sammy Smith, Jenlain, Bah Humbug, Christoffel, La Chouffe, and maybe a couple of others.
At my local booze bazaar they had all of the above, as well as all 3 Mill St. gift sets, St. Peter's gift, Bavarian Alps, Biere de Boucanier, Sam Smith Winter Welcome and Gift set, and a bunch of other shit.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Enjoyed some La Chouffe I bought a year ago at SAQ, it ages well so grab a few if you want to keep some on hand.
In Beerum Veritas

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I can't even find the bah humbug or the Biere de Boucanier on the lcbo website.. odd that it's in stores
cannondale wrote:
The_Jester wrote:Starting to show up now. I saw Fullers, the Belgian mix pack, Sammy Smith, Jenlain, Bah Humbug, Christoffel, La Chouffe, and maybe a couple of others.
At my local booze bazaar they had all of the above, as well as all 3 Mill St. gift sets, St. Peter's gift, Bavarian Alps, Biere de Boucanier, Sam Smith Winter Welcome and Gift set, and a bunch of other shit.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

spinrsx wrote:I can't even find the bah humbug or the Biere de Boucanier on the lcbo website.. odd that it's in stores
A little odd, but certainly not without precedent.

I tried the Augustijn Brune and the Grand Cru last night. Both were fairly enjoyable, but a little on the sweet side. I prefer the Bornem Dubbel to the Brune, but it's always nice to try something new.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Where are these gift packs being spotted?

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

Peterborough. They always seem to put 'em out as soon as they arrive.

Was in Whitby last night, and didn't see anything there. (Brock & Kingston).
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Nothing up here in the great white north yet, but they usually have a decent selection. If only they would participate in the seasonal beer releases, but I'm not that lucky.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

uno99

Post by uno99 »

anyone have item #'s for these? I cant find them on the LCBO site, and I'd like to know which store has the best selection before I make a trek out to one.

The Mick

Post by The Mick »

Seen most, if not all of these in a Kingston LC as I was passing through. What's the consensus on the Christoffel Jug? Their Winterse is a Bok, and I really like it, but this has the description of pilsner syle lager. Anyone had it before?
I don't always drink beer ... because sometimes my friends win and we have to go to macro-only establishments.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

A buddy had the christoffel jug at a party last night. Was nothing great i thought. I enjoy there other beers for their unique flavour, but this tasted thin and boring. IMHO

The Mick

Post by The Mick »

That's disappointing to hear. I really like some of their beers as well. I guess I'll just put this down on my Christmas list for work ($25 and under) and if i don't get it, I don't need to worry about it. That 2L swing top looks like it could come in pretty handy though.
I don't always drink beer ... because sometimes my friends win and we have to go to macro-only establishments.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

The Mick wrote:That's disappointing to hear. I really like some of their beers as well. I guess I'll just put this down on my Christmas list for work ($25 and under) and if i don't get it, I don't need to worry about it. That 2L swing top looks like it could come in pretty handy though.
I bought a bottle last year to bring for Christmas dinner. I don't remember the flavour profile but I know I enjoyed it. The 2L ceramic bottle is great to save up your spare change, or if your heading down to the states its a nice growler to fill up on whatever some of the beer stores have on tap. Cheers!

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Seen the same as most have claimed to . I picked up a couple bottles of Fullers Vintage Ale. But has anyone seen any of the below?

Unibroue 17 Grand Reserve
Samuel Adams New World Triple
Chimay Grand Reserve Canister
St. Bernardus Gift Pack

Also noticed there was no mention to the Chimay gift pack with the glass. Recently broke one of my Chimay glasses. Anyone know if this is coming as well or is the canister replacing it?

Cheers!

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

any product numbers for the seasonal list yet?

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

The Unibroue 17 Grand Reserve is #256297 $9.95, I know cause I just picked some up.

The St. Ambroisie has the Scotch, Apricot, Pale and a glass.

Saw what everyone else has seen, Erdinger 6 pk and Old Speckled Hen with glass, no SA yet.

And yes they are new batches of the 17, bottled May 26 2011.

Also, asked about the St. Bernardus Gift Pack and they werent sure about that one. Maybe a late arrival?
Last edited by Ukie on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.