Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Holiday/Gift Packs 2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Ukie wrote:Looks like the LCBO online inventory finally caught up to what is in the stores.

Lots of the Unibroue GR 17 around:

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=256297

Some stores listed in Hamilton that I never knew where there. Ancaster shows 444 bottles, must have thought it was a TO store!
:D

I love the stuff, good to see I'll be able build up a decent stock of it in my cellar.

Streets

Post by Streets »

Ukie wrote: Some stores listed in Hamilton that I never knew where there. Ancaster shows 444 bottles, must have thought it was a TO store!
And there's even some at Jackson Square of all places! I wonder how many patrons will forgo their usual Faxe 10 for some Unibroue 17? :lol:

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Only store in Ottawa right now is .... Vanier????

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Picked up a couple 17s along with a Black Creek Stout at Summerhill. The LCBO sure seems to have a ton of new stuff coming in. November is awesome so far.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

Streets wrote:
Ukie wrote: Some stores listed in Hamilton that I never knew where there. Ancaster shows 444 bottles, must have thought it was a TO store!
And there's even some at Jackson Square of all places! I wonder how many patrons will forgo their usual Faxe 10 for some Unibroue 17? :lol:
The most amazing thing about the 17, is that this is an LCBO exclusive right now, it doesn't come out in Quebec or the States until 2012.

Following its launch at the LCBO, Unibroue 17 Grande Réserve will be introduced to the Quebec market, in other Canadian provinces and the United States in early 2012. Availability dates will of course be announced here on the Unibroue fan page – stay tuned!

To find out which LCBO stores is offering Unibroue 17 Grande Réserve, log on to http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=256297
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

wow there is alot in the system. I know ill be grabbing a few porter baltique and grand reserve. These releases truly are getting better and better. Soon there might be no reason to complain, but than what will we talk about.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

There's no need for anyone to worry about the 17. It is everywhere and in large quantities. Even the crappy likbo next to my work that never gets anything good had 80 bottles in inventory today (well, 76 now)...

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

phirleh wrote:The most amazing thing about the 17, is that this is an LCBO exclusive right now, it doesn't come out in Quebec or the States until 2012.
Far out! Surprised that Unibroue would show us that kind of love despite our piss poor support for their products in our market (or is that Sleeman's fault? I forget..), but I'll take it.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

I just picked up a couple in Winchester. How the hell did Winchester get the 17??!

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Ceecee wrote:
I just picked up a couple in Winchester. How the hell did Winchester get the 17??!
I can relate to this. The only stores in my area that have it are two obscure ones that never get anything. And the big stores that carry all the seasonals have dick-all. I noticed this when checking the online inventory, the 17 is in a lot of small towns I wouldn't have expected to even have Blache du Chambly. Wtf? Someone trolling at Lickbow HQ?

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

I think it's safe to say that the Holiday release is forced upon most, if not all stores.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

No, I don't think so. Unless Len can say otherwise.

These stores in my area have hardly ever carried anything more interesting than Molson M, and yet they have something the big and good stores don't. It's just weird.

ErkLR

Post by ErkLR »

The 17 is selling in odd places in London, I was in the York and Ridout location (small store, ghetto neighbourhood) on my way to work today and the guy stocking the shelves said they got 3 cases in on Wed, and it was nearly all gone now. Thinking this may be my only chance, I grabbed up the last 3 bottles on the shelf. Later in the day I went to Wellington and Bradley (next to a large mall) and they had 3 nearly untouched cases.
Last edited by ErkLR on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

JesseM wrote:No, I don't think so. Unless Len can say otherwise.

These stores in my area have hardly ever carried anything more interesting than Molson M, and yet they have something the big and good stores don't. It's just weird.
I assume all the good stores that usually get the releases will eventually get this as well - sure seems like the LCBO has enough of it to go around!

For some reason the one "ghetto" LCBO where I managed to grab some 17 had taken nearly all of their Fuller's Vintage Ales out of their little boxes. Not sure the reasoning behind that one.. I bet they'd take the goat off Celebrator if given the chance!

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

JesseM wrote:No, I don't think so. Unless Len can say otherwise.

I concur, my 2 locals, while they look nice, carry shit, Stanley Park (where I'm assuming you picked the 17 up from,) and the newer/re-located one on Fairway.

I find myself having to either go to Alpine, Highland or Uptown most of the time.