Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Holiday/Gift Packs 2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

uno99

Post by uno99 »

phat matt wrote:wow there is alot in the system. I know ill be grabbing a few porter baltique and grand reserve. These releases truly are getting better and better. Soon there might be no reason to complain, but than what will we talk about.
+1 to this Matt... the LCBO is doing great! It's gonna be pretty boring in here though if we have nothing to complain about... :-?

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Any St. Bernardus gift packs yet?

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Ale's What Cures Ya wrote:Any St. Bernardus gift packs yet?
I haven't seen any either... Any spotting on the Chimay canister?

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

I bought the Old Speckled Hen pack on the weekend. Opened it up last night.l I like the beer and it is a really nice looking glass, but for some reason they give you a pint glass (with the certification mark on it) but only a 12 ounce bottle of the beer. So you can't even fill the glass.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
Ale's What Cures Ya wrote:Any St. Bernardus gift packs yet?
I haven't seen any either... Any spotting on the Chimay canister?
Neither one is listed on the website. I haven't seen a trace of them yet.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

The LCBO holiday 2011 site is up. I didn't see St. Bernardus or the Chimay Grand Reserve. Maybe a later release for both?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

liamt07 wrote:Which beers are included in the Bavarian Alps gift-pack? Further, what beers are included in the Biere du Boucanier Giftpack, European Beer giftpack and the de Koninck gift pack (if anyone knows...)
Biere du Boucanier is normally 2 Golden, 2 Dark 2 & 2 Red
De Koninck is Blond, Brown and 2 Red
European is Grolsch, Peroni and Pilsner Urquell with branded glasses for each
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Kel Varnsen wrote:I bought the Old Speckled Hen pack on the weekend. Opened it up last night.l I like the beer and it is a really nice looking glass, but for some reason they give you a pint glass (with the certification mark on it) but only a 12 ounce bottle of the beer. So you can't even fill the glass.
This is actually WHY I bought the pack. I'm not crazy about the beer, but I'm short on full pint glasses these days since I broke my Sam Smith. The OSH glass is just a nice size stange-style glass and it's and durable.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Not sure if anyone has been on the look out for this one. Jenlain Or Biere Blonde. Don't know anything about it but picked it up while passing through Brampton. Haven't seen in out my way in Whitby yet.

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

I just saw the Belgian gift six pack from Van Steenberge brewery that the LCBO gets each year. I didn't get it last Christmas so I'm not sure if they changed it then but the last time I got this six pack it included Bruegel Amber and a Bornem beer - either Bornem Double or Triple, I can't recall. It doesn't have those this time. Instead it has Leute Bokbier and an extra one with the Augustijn label.

http://vansteenberge.com/en/leute-bokbier

lyndonk

Post by lyndonk »

TheBeeraholic wrote:Not sure if anyone has been on the look out for this one. Jenlain Or Biere Blonde. Don't know anything about it but picked it up while passing through Brampton. Haven't seen in out my way in Whitby yet.
Picked up a bottle of it at Keele & Steeles LCBO hidden away in a corner along with La Chouffe. I heard that the Jenlain had gotten poor reviews? Might try it this weekend though.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

TheBeeraholic wrote:Not sure if anyone has been on the look out for this one. Jenlain Or Biere Blonde. Don't know anything about it but picked it up while passing through Brampton. Haven't seen in out my way in Whitby yet.
Brock Road in Pickering.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Kel Varnsen wrote:I bought the Old Speckled Hen pack on the weekend. Opened it up last night.l I like the beer and it is a really nice looking glass, but for some reason they give you a pint glass (with the certification mark on it) but only a 12 ounce bottle of the beer. So you can't even fill the glass.
just bought the 3 Kings gift pack and found the same thing
really nice 500ml lager glass
3 - 341ml lagers

doesnt make sense to me

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Philip1 wrote:I just saw the Belgian gift six pack from Van Steenberge brewery that the LCBO gets each year. I didn't get it last Christmas so I'm not sure if they changed it then but the last time I got this six pack it included Bruegel Amber and a Bornem beer - either Bornem Double or Triple, I can't recall. It doesn't have those this time. Instead it has Leute Bokbier and an extra one with the Augustijn label.

It includes Piraat, Gulden Draak, Leute Bok and Augustijn Blond, Grand Cru and Donker. $18. I'm real happy to see the Leute Bok, I love that beer.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

biegaman wrote:
Philip1 wrote:I just saw the Belgian gift six pack from Van Steenberge brewery that the LCBO gets each year. I didn't get it last Christmas so I'm not sure if they changed it then but the last time I got this six pack it included Bruegel Amber and a Bornem beer - either Bornem Double or Triple, I can't recall. It doesn't have those this time. Instead it has Leute Bokbier and an extra one with the Augustijn label.

It includes Piraat, Gulden Draak, Leute Bok and Augustijn Blond, Grand Cru and Donker. $18. I'm real happy to see the Leute Bok, I love that beer.
Piraat, Gulden Draak, LeuteBok, the Grand Cru and Blond are all quality. On the other hand, the Augustijn Dark is pretty crappy imo. Would much rather have them squeeze in a Tripel like Bornem. Ah, the perfect combination still eludes this gift pack. Oh well, at least that vile Brugel is out.
Last edited by Lukie on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.