Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Holiday/Gift Packs 2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

lyndonk wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:Not sure if anyone has been on the look out for this one. Jenlain Or Biere Blonde. Don't know anything about it but picked it up while passing through Brampton. Haven't seen in out my way in Whitby yet.
Picked up a bottle of it at Keele & Steeles LCBO hidden away in a corner along with La Chouffe. I heard that the Jenlain had gotten poor reviews? Might try it this weekend though.
The reviews are right. I`d say La Chouffe is just a much better example of a blond.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Ceecee wrote:The LCBO holiday 2011 site is up. I didn't see St. Bernardus or the Chimay Grand Reserve. Maybe a later release for both?
We might see it flow in under the radar just like the first gift packs.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Agreed on the Jenlain Or. Mediocre.

uno99

Post by uno99 »

Really looking forward to the Chimay blue and bernardus... where is it now though?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

uno99 wrote:Really looking forward to the Chimay blue and bernardus... where is it now though?
to answer your question
Ceecee wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:
Ale's What Cures Ya wrote:Any St. Bernardus gift packs yet?
I haven't seen any either... Any spotting on the Chimay canister?
Neither one is listed on the website. I haven't seen a trace of them yet.
Ceecee wrote:The LCBO holiday 2011 site is up. I didn't see St. Bernardus or the Chimay Grand Reserve. Maybe a later release for both?
everyone is looking and no one knows

uno99

Post by uno99 »

Yeah I think my post was more a venting of frustration and blissful anticipation. :D

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

uno99 wrote:Yeah I think my post was more a venting of frustration and blissful anticipation. :D
It's only Nov. 13th.

Pace yourself.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

midlife crisis wrote:Agreed on the Jenlain Or. Mediocre.
I agree 100%. Drainpour.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

robinvboyer wrote:
I agree 100%. Drainpour.
Wish I'd bought a vintage ale with that money...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

robinvboyer wrote:
I agree 100%. Drainpour.

I mean really - those Jenlain beers are 'meh.'
In Beerum Veritas

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Belgian wrote:
robinvboyer wrote:
I agree 100%. Drainpour.

I mean really - those Jenlain beers are 'meh.'
I bought a bottle of this on Thursday to have Friday on my day off. Left it in my desk drawer. I'm glad I didn't go pick up another bottle with all the meh reviews. I enjoyed a La Chouffe last night, I take it this is not going to come anywhere near the quality of that blonde...

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Asked again and was told probably not before Christmas, nothing happening with it ie. "the process"

However was told the SA New World Tripel was in the warehouse and expected to ship soon.

uno99

Post by uno99 »

Ukie wrote:
Asked again and was told probably not before Christmas, nothing happening with it ie. "the process"

However was told the SA New World Tripel was in the warehouse and expected to ship soon.
So it won't be on the shelves until the new year? I guess I can live with that since they were just gonna sit around for years anyways :)

Bob_McBob

Post by Bob_McBob »

Trying a bottle of the 17 I bought the other day. I'm not too great at describing beer, but this is really quite good. I only got the one bottle since I could see there was a huge amount of stock locally and they were in no danger of selling out. Deep down I was sort of hoping it wouldn't be good enough for me to stock up at $10/bottle, especially considering how large my beer cellar is getting, but I will definitely be picking up several more.

I'll probably stock up on the Fullter's Vintage like I have every year for a few years now. Some time down the line that will make for very fun vertical tastings.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Hey Bob,
You don't have an extra Fullers 2010 Vintage by chance? I'm still looking for one, as my series goes back to 2006 but I am missing 2010. I have an extra 2008 if interested.