Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Fuller's Brewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

It would be easy to miss this release, thanks for the heads up.

Front / Market when I left still has the IPA, Old Winter and XX.
In Beerum Veritas

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

just grabbed some of the stout, XX, and golden pride but the store wouldnt sell me the winter so i put some on hold

still need to find some IPA

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

matt7215 wrote: still need to find some IPA
I had it on cask and thought it was a really nice British pale ale, hopped like a pale ale should. But IPA? Not IMHO.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

The release for this seems kinda thin...I know that only select stores are getting them, but this seems VERY select. And even the stores that have them don't seem to have very much.

I'd like to buy more Golden Pride and the Stout, but not sure if I should drive to Pickering or just wait until more Toronto stores get some.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Went to the Mississauga store looking for a few of these the other day. They had stock first show up about a week before and they were pretty much cleaned out, so I left with only Peche Mortel.

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Just the XX Strong Ale in Ottawa so far. Should the "select stores" get all 5 beers from this release?

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Yeah, the distribution has been decidedly weird on this one. I've been grabbing them wherever I see them -- St. Lawrence Market, Laird + Eglinton -- because they are really really good.

probstk

Post by probstk »

Ceecee wrote:Just the XX Strong Ale in Ottawa so far. Should the "select stores" get all 5 beers from this release?
I've been watching drinkvine closely and am perplexed that the other Fuller's brews haven't made it this far east. I hope we haven't missed out!

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Picked up a bottle of the XX Strong Ale, Double Stout, Golden Pride, and IPA yesterday when passing through Aurora. Pickering also has quantities of the majority of these. Had the XX last night lots of flavours all balanced and blended nicely. Looking forward to the stout tonight. Cheers.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

just a heads up to the ottawa bartowelers, they have every single fuller's beer from this release at the LCBO on king edwards and rideau

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Had a bottle of the Old Winter Ale last night. It was nice, but the crystal is definitely overpowering
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

icemachine wrote:Had a bottle of the Old Winter Ale last night. It was nice, but the crystal is definitely overpowering
Yeah, I found it a bit too malty as well.

probstk

Post by probstk »

spinrsx wrote:just a heads up to the ottawa bartowelers, they have every single fuller's beer from this release at the LCBO on king edwards and rideau
Thanks man! The LCBO seems to do a spotty job keeping their online inventory up to date...thank jeebus for beer geek networks!

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

probstk wrote:
spinrsx wrote:just a heads up to the ottawa bartowelers, they have every single fuller's beer from this release at the LCBO on king edwards and rideau
Thanks man! The LCBO seems to do a spotty job keeping their online inventory up to date...thank jeebus for beer geek networks!
And not only that, I've personally found the stock situation at the Rideau store particularly spotty. I'd say my hit rate for stuff that is supposed to be there according to inventory is close to 50%. I rarely even bother going there anymore.

I'll try and sneak out tonight, although it'll be tight.

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

Thanks for the heads up. I went last night on the way home from work and grabbed a bottle of each.

The stock looked to be thinning, so anyone who is interested should head there soon. Gambling on stock showing up across Ottawa might be a losing bet.

While you are there pick up a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 12 year old. Not nearly as good as the 20 year old, but still mighty tasty!