The announcement below was released today by the LCBO.
The most important bit to note is that unlike last year's lottery distribution, this year's batch will be sold on a first come first served basis.
Sam Adams Utopias is back and we are pleased to provide the following update.
· LCBO has purchased 210 bottles (710 mL) of 2011 Utopias for customers.
· Like last year, it will retail for $114.95 per 710 mL bottle.
· Due to the extremely limited availability of this product, and to ensure all customers have an equal opportunity to purchase it, the LCBO will be offering Utopias on a first-come, first-served basis by telephone only, not in LCBO stores or online. Payment may be made by Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Orders will be shipped to the LCBO store of the customer’s choice at no extra charge.
Order by Telephone
· Sam Adams Utopias will be available to purchase by telephone beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday, November 18 by calling the Vintages Sales Centre at 416 365-5767, or toll free 1-800-266-4764 (Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Saturday 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.).
· Again, due to the very limited availability of this product, there will be a limit of one bottle per customer. We expect this product to sell out quickly so customers are encouraged to call early.
As you know, Sam Adams Utopias is considered by some beer collectors to be the culmination of the art of brewing. The 2011 release, which the LCBO is offering, is a blend of batches, some aged as long as 16 years in bourbon, sherry and port casks. Utopias is meant to be enjoyed more in the manner of a fine sherry, brandy or Cognac.
Last edited by GregClow
on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.