Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO/Vintages - Sam Adams Utopias 2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

I got two, Sweet!

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

Stroonze wrote:I got two, Sweet!
I thought it was max one per customer?
I don’t care what the U.N. says, I don’t recognize countries that don’t produce beer.

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

My Dad called in and got one for me aswell

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

LOL was wondering how you kids made out with the Utopias. Good stuff.

I got to sleep in late today, so I said ahh forget it this time. Maybe next year? I'm sure I'll try it eventually, that's all that matters. Glad to hear BT founder Cass scored this long-sought collectible (the bottle is pretty cool.)
In Beerum Veritas

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

AJ Brown wrote:... if you have a bottle you're willing to part with drop me a line.
* crickets *

Better luck next year AJ. Although some bars may be selling it by the oz. (Why not turn $115 into $800.)
In Beerum Veritas

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

A guy in the brewing course at niagara got one bottle. He is kind enough to split it among class mates for $5 a 1oz pour.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Stroonze wrote:My Dad called in and got one for me aswell
Not the kind of thing I would generally advertise...

munrets

Post by munrets »

Got my bottle today - quite impressive to behold. Initially told it would take 3-6 weeks.

I'm a little confused about one thing, though: the note affixed to the bottle makes reference to a specially designed glass for the beer yet does not give any particulars about its attributes or where to get it. It almost seems like it was to be packaged with the bottle. No biggie, though: I'm just going to chug right from the bottle...

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Did they call to tell you it was ready to pick up?

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Stroonze wrote:My Dad called in and got one for me aswell
Not the kind of thing I would generally advertise...
Dont hate the playah, hate the game! :)

He DID pay 230$ + for what is half-as-tasty, and half-as-strong as a whiskey. Helps me sleep at night :)

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

munrets wrote:Got my bottle today - quite impressive to behold. Initially told it would take 3-6 weeks.

I'm a little confused about one thing, though: the note affixed to the bottle makes reference to a specially designed glass for the beer yet does not give any particulars about its attributes or where to get it. It almost seems like it was to be packaged with the bottle. No biggie, though: I'm just going to chug right from the bottle...
I think some sales (in the States, not sure about here) included an offer to get the glass as referenced below. Don't know if we can get it up in Cda.

http://estore.samueladams.com/product_d ... 1e8e2f88e4

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Cass wrote:
munrets wrote:Got my bottle today - quite impressive to behold. Initially told it would take 3-6 weeks.

I think some sales (in the States, not sure about here) included an offer to get the glass as referenced below. Don't know if we can get it up in Cda.

I know with last year's lottery, winners could get the glass by sending away for it, not sure if that applies this year
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

munrets

Post by munrets »

[quote="Cass"]Did they call to tell you it was ready to pick up?[/quote]

Yup - got a call on Friday that it was in at the 'BO that I had specified.

And thanks for the link to the glass - mystery solved.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

icemachine wrote:
Cass wrote:

I know with last year's lottery, winners could get the glass by sending away for it, not sure if that applies this year
What do you mean sending away for it. I got two bottles and a close friend also got a bottle we never looked into getting the glasses. Do you think we could still?

zaireeka

Post by zaireeka »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
icemachine wrote:
Cass wrote: I think some sales (in the States, not sure about here) included an offer to get the glass as referenced below. Don't know if we can get it up in Cda.

What do you mean sending away for it. I got two bottles and a close friend also got a bottle we never looked into getting the glasses. Do you think we could still?
According to their webpage they do not ship outside of the US.

"A note to customers trying to redeem a promotional code for delivery outside of the United States: Unfortunately at this time we are unable to ship items from our eStore outside of the U.S. We apologize for the inconvenience."