Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Liberty Ale

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Baulz

Liberty Ale

Post by Baulz »

Showing on the lcbo website, it was the beer that converted me. Can't wait to pick some up!

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produ ... ber=270454

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

This brings a smile to my face. I always used to have a bomber of this in the fridge. I have been drinking a fair bit of the steam beer lately.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

This is great news - I do miss the bombers, but it's great to have it back...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

Awesome. I didn't buy enough of it when it was last here. Hopefully it sticks around as a year-round listed item.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Hallelujah! :D
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

You know now that I think about it - lately, I'm drinking less big bottles of beer and more 330-355ml bottles...sometimes a pint is just a lot...so this new format might be welcome.

Although, I do seem to remember to bombers being a really good bargain.

Either way...awesome...can't wait to drink this again...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

kmallett

Post by kmallett »

Used to always have a few bottles of Liberty Ale in the fridge when it was around. Excellent news to see it coming back!

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

One of the first craft beers I had, only had it the one time. Going to have to pick some up to re visit it see how my opinion has changed.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

JeffPorter wrote:You know now that I think about it - lately, I'm drinking less big bottles of beer and more 330-355ml bottles...sometimes a pint is just a lot...so this new format might be welcome.

Although, I do seem to remember to bombers being a really good bargain.

Either way...awesome...can't wait to drink this again...
From memory, I think the bombers were around $3.95 a bottle which made them more of a bargain than the 6 pack....in the long run. But people didn't buy the bombers because the serving size was too much!!!

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

greatest news ever.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

yep, awesome news!

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Not part of the spring release, so...new year-round listing?

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Six packs were at the Cooper's store...I passed for now, because I was focused on the Garrison stuff and I got so much crazy canuck and red racer to get through...

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

A completely tolerable brew that is not completely geek beer in amenable company.
In Beerum Veritas

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Great news, this is one of those beers I always enjoyed and may drink more of now that it is in 6-packs.

Might replace/complement Tankhouse as one of my keep in stock beers for friends.