Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Spring 2012 Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Brewbert wrote:Southern tier unearthly! YES!!

$9.60...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo

Do they think Southern Tier stuff is brewed in solid gold tanks with blood diamonds engraved in it? 3 dollars a bottle of 355ml 2x ipa was bad enough.

Thornbridge Jaipur.. good news. Had that last year when I went to England. For 4.40 I'll have to stock up on quite a few.
Southern Tier is the same price point at the brewery, they charge what they can get for their products

if the price is to high for you dont feel bad about passing on it, im sure this world class IIPA will have no problem selling out priced as is

hammy78

Post by hammy78 »

That is one of my personal favorite Mikkeller beer's, had it one on tap at Blue Monk and it knocked my socks off. I also concur that price for Unearthly is completely reasonable, it's that price everywhere.

lyndonk

Post by lyndonk »

phat matt wrote:solid list. times likes this I hate being a student.
My spring graduation is my justification for going all out with this otherwise very expensive release...Also hoping to track down some Westvletern 12 and perhaps a few other goodies. Couple buddies from my class are also pretty into beer.

austin

Post by austin »

Maybe the best single release the board has given us.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Interesting how in the past year or so, the spring and summer have seemed better than fall and winter...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

aser

Post by aser »

very impressed, this soothes the pain from missing out on St Bernardus gift packs. Super excited about stocking up on Lupulus, pretty hard to find another Canadian beer that I like more. Solid price on it too considering it's $15 @ Peluso.

Can't wait to try the mikkeller and tree dipa. Will load up on Westmalle.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

interesting that Panil is coming.
i have a bottle at home, so i should crack it open to see if its worth stockpiling.

even though i dig Rochefort 10 more, i may have to stockpile some westmalle 3le.

studious

Post by studious »

I will pick up some Norrebro Var Tripel again and cellar it. I had a bottle from the previous release over Christmas that was absolutely delicious. It seemed to have just the right balance of sweet fruity yeast and dryness. For me, it was the best of that brewery feature by far.

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

Where's the Trafalgar on this release? Huge oversight.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

Gedge wrote:Where's the Trafalgar on this release? Huge oversight.
In all seriousness I also noticed there's no Great Lakes, Amsterdam, Grand River, etc. I assume they're still being released so it's good to see they're no longer taking up slots in the releases.

Certainly excited about the return of Curmudgeon. I hope they end up doing what Rob told me they might, which is to rebrew the Plowman's Anniversary recipe for the Curmudgeon release.

I also saw the other day that Muskoka's seasonal WON'T be a Bock, which was a popular speculation.

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

These releases seem to be getting higher and higher quality products. I don't want to complain about having these available but sadly these releases are getting beyond my budget. I seem to recall a posting showing what the criteria were for the seasonal releases. We all joked about special consideration being given to liquids but one of the other factors was products priced below a certain amount ( I think it was $3.50 for that particular release ). Has this criteria been lifted as it seems there are few if any products priced at that level in the past few releases.?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Cale wrote:
In all seriousness I also noticed there's no Great Lakes, Amsterdam, Grand River, etc. I assume they're still being released so it's good to see they're no longer taking up slots in the releases.

Certainly excited about the return of Curmudgeon. I hope they end up doing what Rob told me they might, which is to rebrew the Plowman's Anniversary recipe for the Curmudgeon release.

I also saw the other day that Muskoka's seasonal WON'T be a Bock, which was a popular speculation.
what was the Muskoka spring seasonal??

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

matt7215 wrote:
Cale wrote:

Someone asked them over twitter if it would be a Bock. They responded "No Bock, but something interesting." - Secretive bastards!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Cale wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
Cale wrote: In all seriousness I also noticed there's no Great Lakes, Amsterdam, Grand River, etc. I assume they're still being released so it's good to see they're no longer taking up slots in the releases.

Someone asked them over twitter if it would be a Bock. They responded "No Bock, but something interesting." - Secretive bastards!
ive never understood why a brewery wouldnt release something as simple as the style of beer they are doing for a seasonal

even if they said "oh, its a hefe with a twist" thats better then "No Bock, but something interesting."

i was already assuming you were going to brew something interesting, now tell what the hell it is instead of what it isnt

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Just confirmed. It will be a new IPA, exactly like Mad Tom, but in a ten-dollar 750ml swing-top.
In Beerum Veritas