Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brewdog in the LCBO?

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

hammy78

Brewdog in the LCBO?

Post by hammy78 »

So I was on the LCBO site last night and came across this listing

PUNK IPA
LCBO 149773 | 330 mL bottle

No stores had it available, so I was wondering is it an old listing or is it something that is coming out?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

we've had it before (spring 09??) it might be coming back

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

I think this is gong to be on the summer release

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

So says Wattie.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

hammy78

Post by hammy78 »

Sweet, haven't had this yet. It would be nice to pick it up local for once.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Nothing mind blowing but I'll still pick up a few to round out a couple tastings.

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

awesome sessionable ipa/apa and a great introduction to the nelson sauvin hop.

Phatman

Post by Phatman »

when punk was first released it was a superb IPA, however, since Brewdog expanded they now brew their more regular beers elsewhere and as such the results have become inconsistant and their QC needs tightening up in places. I now avoid as i've been burned too often in the past.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

The Alice Porter was spot on, so I'm hoping they've fixed whatever bottling issues they've had.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

sprague11 wrote:The Alice Porter was spot on, so I'm hoping they've fixed whatever bottling issues they've had.
The beers i got from the private order were fantastic. The hardcore was on par with just about any other double ipa i have had. I hope to have another chance to try their beers. have to agree with the masses that their marketing is very unappealing.

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

phat matt wrote:
sprague11 wrote:The Alice Porter was spot on, so I'm hoping they've fixed whatever bottling issues they've had.
The beers i got from the private order were fantastic. The hardcore was on par with just about any other double ipa i have had. I hope to have another chance to try their beers. have to agree with the masses that their marketing is very unappealing.
I'm curious as to what "masses" of people find their marketing unappealing, and why.

phat matt

Post by phat matt »

mintjellie wrote:
phat matt wrote:
I'm curious as to what "masses" of people find their marketing unappealing, and why.
Well the whole highest alcohol deal. I have tried sink the bismark, and a tiny part of a bottle tactical nuclear penguine. Both were boozey without much flavor. I have also tried many other high alcohol beers ie in the 20 range. And few resemble beer at all in my opinion. The brewdog beers were like cheap rum. Than the sticking a bottle up a dead animals ass.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I've never liked their IPAs, but the Alice Porter and Trashy Blonde (maybe others?) were quite enjoyable.

An unfocused brewery if the flagship IPA is mediocre though. Gimmicks don't make a brand great.
In Beerum Veritas

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

mintjellie wrote:
phat matt wrote:
People who need to lighten up.

AlbumsandAles

Post by AlbumsandAles »

Belgian wrote:I've never liked their IPAs, but the Alice Porter and Trashy Blonde (maybe others?) were quite enjoyable.

An unfocused brewery if the flagship IPA is mediocre though. Gimmicks don't make a brand great.
Brewdog has made over 20 unique and fantastic IPAs im my opinion. I dont think its fair to say that you've "never liked their IPAs" as a whole if you've only tried a small handful.
Buy records. Eat pizza. Drink beer. Die.