Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Lakes Anniversary beers?

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:If it came out at 12.6%, it will likely just a matter of the ABV coming out higher than anticipated or perhaps it picked up some residual alcohol from the bourbon barrels.
this. i've heard you can pick up as much as 3-5% from the barrel, depending on how fresh+wet it was.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

hangunder wrote:from Twitter:

Coming soon! Coming real soon! #GLBbourbonRIS!! http://pic.twitter.com/wP6ScxfG
Tomorrow 4pm at brewery.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

At 12.6 in 750 ml, that's pretty much two nights of drinking for me...(or one bad morning after...)
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

JeffPorter wrote:At 12.6 in 750 ml, that's pretty much two nights of drinking for me...(or one bad morning after...)
Start earlier? It's really not all that much...

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

liamt07 wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:At 12.6 in 750 ml, that's pretty much two nights of drinking for me...(or one bad morning after...)
Start earlier? It's really not all that much...
Maybe - but I don't NEED to...it's not like it's my job to drink their beer...YET! :P

I have a pretty good bottle stopper right now that can save a half bomber pretty nicely..
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Picked up 4 this afternoon. $14.95 and 11%

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

me too.. plus a couple of bourbon barrel porter they put out...review'll be in reviews section.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

JeffPorter wrote:me too.. plus a couple of bourbon barrel porter they put out...review'll be in reviews section.
Had a few of those from last week. 4 BBARIS 2 Audry 2 Pompous 2 Apocolaspe plus replacement 25th anni glass I broke last week $96.. There stuff is a bit over priced. But still my favourite.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

TheBeeraholic wrote:
JeffPorter wrote:me too.. plus a couple of bourbon barrel porter they put out...review'll be in reviews section.
Had a few of those from last week. 4 BBARIS 2 Audry 2 Pompous 2 Apocolaspe plus replacement 25th anni glass I broke last week $96.. There stuff is a bit over priced. But still my favourite.
14.95 for a 750 of BA stout is pretty reasonable IMO

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

PeenSteen wrote:
TheBeeraholic wrote:
14.95 for a 750 of BA stout is pretty reasonable IMO
I agree. Especially for a beer that's clearly in "wine" abv territory. We're just not used to it. Maybe, like I said, not one I'd buy a case of, (unless I had a couple hundred dollars to blow) but certainly reasonable to spend 45 bucks on to squirrel a couple away.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

For the Ottawa folks, I saw some last night at Innis. At that point it wasn't showing on inventory (not sure if it is today).

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

at 14.99/each I will be buying less than I had hoped to...

backscratcherbrewing

Post by backscratcherbrewing »

Wow, I am liking pretty much everything that GLB is doing these days...

but $15 for 750ml of RIS? And sure it's been at a few festivals and around town but I'd say it's generally an unproven product so that seems highly excessive to the point of gouging!

This may be the first beer I buy that is CHEAPER on tap! :roll:

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

PeenSteen wrote:14.95 for a 750 of BA stout is pretty reasonable IMO
I agree. Very comparable with prices for similar products that I have seen (and paid). The only fair comment might be that it is an unproven product, but in that case just buy 1 bottle.

cmadd

Post by cmadd »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:14.95 for a 750 of BA stout is pretty reasonable IMO
I agree. Very comparable with prices for similar products that I have seen (and paid). The only fair comment might be that it is an unproven product, but in that case just buy 1 bottle.
I read that as just buy 1 case. 8)