Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO no longer lists ABV on web

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

wkbdyb

LCBO no longer lists ABV on web

Post by wkbdyb »

Just check any product, you'll see. Any conspiracy theories?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

its was rarely accurate anyway

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

matt7215 wrote:its was rarely accurate anyway
Exactly! Now they can be 100% accurate...

Interesting though...kinda makes all that lab testing look even more pointless...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

wkbdyb

Post by wkbdyb »

A thought is that maybe they are trying to break functionality for apps that scrape availability data off the website?

studious

Post by studious »

All that info should be made available as open data for developers and anyone else interested.

I notice the ABV is still available on the LCBO app.

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

That doesn't sound very socially responsible...

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Does anyone actually care?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Is it possible to get neutral grain spirit in Ontario? Either 190 or 151 proof? I want to make some limoncello. In a pinch, overproof vodka would do the trick as well, I think.

I'd also like to find out the strongest gin the LCBO carries, I've been thinking of picking up some damsons this summer to try making some damson gin.

SMC

Post by SMC »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Does anyone actually care?
Yes. It might not matter that much for beer, but when buying wine or spirits it can help determine what vintage you're actually getting since the LCBO tends to give some items the exact same name.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

mintjellie wrote:Is it possible to get neutral grain spirit in Ontario? Either 190 or 151 proof? I want to make some limoncello. In a pinch, overproof vodka would do the trick as well, I think.

I'd also like to find out the strongest gin the LCBO carries, I've been thinking of picking up some damsons this summer to try making some damson gin.
Don't think so, I know Kittling Ridge used to supply a 180 proof product "Alcool" but I don't think it's been available for quite a few years.

I know there is still some 90 proof vodka's available but that's it
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

wkbdyb

Post by wkbdyb »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Does anyone actually care?
Obviously not! I only posted this to make myself feel important.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

wkbdyb wrote:A thought is that maybe they are trying to break functionality for apps that scrape availability data off the website?
like drinkvine?

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

ABV is showing again.