Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Summer 2012 Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GregClow
Beer Superstar

LCBO Summer 2012 Release

Post by GregClow »

The following beers are planned to be part of the LCBO Summer 2012 seasonal release, scheduled to arrive in stores the week of May 27th. As always, all details are subject to change.

LCBO# / Product name / Alc. / Size / Suggested Retail
224824 / Lindeman's Cuvee Rene / 5.5 / 355 / $6.45
288522 / Dieu du Ciel Rosée d'Hibiscus / 5.9 / 4 x 341 / $11.85
283945 / Phillips Ginger Beer / 5 / 650 / $5.15
280065 / Schneider Nelson Sauvin / 6.9 / 750 / $8.95
271783 / Weihenstephan Kristallweissbier / 5.4 / 500 / $3.10
273656 / Ayinger Brau-Weisse / 5 / 500 / $3.45
164046 / Schneider Hopfen Weisse / 8.2 / 500 / $3.25
273706 / Birrificio del Ducato Nuova Mattina (New Morning) Saison / 5.8 / 330 / $4.15
272369 / Thornbridge Kipling South Pacific Pale Ale / 5.2 / 500 / $4.75
224600 / Celt Golden Crafted Ale / 4.2 / 500 / $3.50
676858 / Fuller's Organic Honey Dew / 5 / 500 / $3.25
149773 / BrewDog Punk IPA / 6.2 / 330 / $2.60
271700 / Shipyard Smashed Blueberry / 9 / 625 / $7.95

Some early speculation and discussion about this release took place in this previous thread: http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7842
Last edited by GregClow on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Following up on something from the previous thread, re: Cuvee Rene:
I thought Peter said that the BO rejected their submission...Hm...sounds like Cuvee Rene verticals this summer!
According to the info from the LCBO, Lindeman's is now being repped by Merchant du Vin.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

As I said in the speculation thread, not a bad summer release, all things considered.

I'm looking most forward to the two Schneider's and the Weihenstephan. The Cuvee Rene is a great staple beer and the Nuova Mattina is an interesting beer if you can get past that it is not terribly saison-like.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Thanks Greg - the cuvee really bumps this release up a notch and it's great to see it back!

Having said that, there's some other one's I'm excited about too..

A saison
A gueze
Both Schneiders
Phillips' intro to the province

About the only things I'm not excited about are the Celt, the Fullers, and I can't imagine the Shipyard will be my sort of thing either, but I'll give it a try.

Pretty good release for the summer, IMHO.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

GregClow wrote: According to the info from the LCBO, Lindeman's is now being repped by Merchant du Vin.
Lindeman's and Dupont both coming, both not from Esprit, who gonna rep Orval and get it back into the LCBO

edit* i realise Dupont isnt on this release but it is coming to the LCBO from R&R

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

matt7215 wrote: who gonna rep Orval and get it back into the LCBO
Hopefully Merchant Du Vin just browsing their website they've got it listed as their product as well.

http://www.merchantduvin.com/index.php

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

GregClow wrote:According to the info from the LCBO, Lindeman's is now being repped by Merchant du Vin.
Greg do you have a contact email or phone number for them? They've got some glasseware I'd like to buy but won't accept my postal code.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

wow.
homebrew it is!

BrausBackinTown

Post by BrausBackinTown »

matt7215 wrote:
GregClow wrote: According to the info from the LCBO, Lindeman's is now being repped by Merchant du Vin.
Lindeman's and Dupont both coming, both not from Esprit, who gonna rep Orval and get it back into the LCBO

edit* i realise Dupont isnt on this release but it is coming to the LCBO from R&R
WHAH? where did you hear that saison dupont is coming?

I think I'm gonna be buying quite a few of those new mornings.

kafercrazy

Post by kafercrazy »

this release is meh.

too many weisse beers for my taste. and blueberry & honeydew? no thanks.

I'll stick to the Cuvee and the Italian Saison ... and the rest'll be OCB pale ales.

cheers!

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

The lack of great US brews in these releases are quite upsetting.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Stroonze wrote:The lack of great US brews in these releases are quite upsetting.
what breweries were you hoping for?

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

BrausBackinTown wrote:
matt7215 wrote:

WHAH? where did you hear that saison dupont is coming?

I think I'm gonna be buying quite a few of those new mornings.
right here:
Roland + Russell wrote:
zachariaIPA wrote:Does anyone know if these will ever (or are in-planning to) come back to the LCBO? I fantasize about them daily.
Roland + Russell represents Brasserie Dupont in Ontario and a fairly complex project is well underway to bring to LCBO shelves several of their beers including Saison Dupont. Our strategy is to include the dry hopped version too.

We hope to be able to share further details with this community in about four weeks or so.

Regards,

Stroonze

Post by Stroonze »

Ballast point, smutty nose, another southern tier offering, new belgium, bells, founders, elysian etc....Oh one can only dream.

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

Stroonze wrote:Ballast point, smutty nose, another southern tier offering, new belgium, bells, founders, elysian etc....Oh one can only dream.
I am not sure about the others, but I read an article awhile back about New Belgium. The are currently the 3rd biggest craft brewer in the US, and at the time of the article they were looking at building a second brewery just to meet their current US demand. And according to some quick google research they are only available in around 30 states. So if that is the case with the 3rd biggest craft brewer in the US, and they can't even keep up with their current demand, what motivation would there be to expand into another country?