Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Green Flash WC IPA coming this summer to LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

If it's the same shipment that hit Alberta a couple of weeks back, then it's pretty fresh; bottled end of May 2012.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

Torontoblue wrote:If it's the same shipment that hit Alberta a couple of weeks back, then it's pretty fresh; bottled end of May 2012.
Pretty fresh, as in, almost three months old right now. Count me out if that's the case.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I passed on a couple of IPAs 3 month old, even though I was under limit on my most recent US trip

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

liamt07 wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:If it's the same shipment that hit Alberta a couple of weeks back, then it's pretty fresh; bottled end of May 2012.
Pretty fresh, as in, almost three months old right now. Count me out if that's the case.
Well, it's tasting pretty fresh.

Brewbert

Post by Brewbert »

liamt07 wrote:
-sigh-

Nice to know ontario beer scene has barely changed since I've been gone.

Even at that age this beer is still super good though.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Weird, we've been getting Red Racer that's a few weeks young.

I'm definitely buying some Green Flash, if only to encourage getting regular fresh IPAs up from the States (to both compliment & spur on the growing number of good Canadian ones.)
In Beerum Veritas

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Not really all that weird, since shipments from BC to Ontario are far more frequent, and quicker than shipments from San Diego to Vancouver to Ontario.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Sure, but three months is verging on scary. We can do better than that I hope.
In Beerum Veritas

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

It's a 6.8% IPA. 3 months ain't gonna hurt it that much. Surely??!!???

And after all, this is the first time it's been in Ontario (and Alberta), so maybe the next order will be fresher; who knows?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

The beer won't be spoiled, just might lack super fresh hop aromatics. I'm sure repeat buys will pave the way to faster arrivals, in any case.
In Beerum Veritas

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

According to NAC, this has been sitting at the LCBO warehouse since August 7th. Anyone have any info on when we will see it on the shelf?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Lukie wrote:According to NAC, this has been sitting at the LCBO warehouse since August 7th. Anyone have any info on when we will see it on the shelf?
According to NAC's facebook update yesterday they are "Launching two more brands in two weeks!"

Don't know if that means West Coast and one other will be in stores at that time or if they have new brands to announce, but I assuming the former
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

icemachine wrote:
Lukie wrote:According to NAC, this has been sitting at the LCBO warehouse since August 7th. Anyone have any info on when we will see it on the shelf?
According to NAC's facebook update yesterday they are "Launching two more brands in two weeks!"

Don't know if that means West Coast and one other will be in stores at that time or if they have new brands to announce, but I assuming the former
Two more GREEN FLASH brands?

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
icemachine wrote:

Two more GREEN FLASH brands?
Let's not get carried away.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Well, I do believe we are getting Palate Wrecker in Alberta, so this should make it's way across to Ontario.